Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Oh, and one more thing - I worried about heat problems with the colcasack - well - I thought to myself , winters coming and theres a tendency iPhones doesnt do well in the cold. So , hey , Colcasack is perfect. :D

Now the only thing Iam worried about is that the inner textures will scratch the phone but Ill have a screenprotector on too , hopefully.

BizProf

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
I have this one from Snugg...some unique features (elastic pull strap, magnetic tab)....no complaints so far.

Attachments

• snuggsleeve.jpeg
    snuggsleeve.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 208

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I have this one from Snugg...some unique features (elastic pull strap, magnetic tab)....no complaints so far.

^Heard some complaints for that one. Thats the reason I didnt order it. Besides it got no cover for the top.

Nice its good for you though! :)

BizProf

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
^Heard some complaints for that one. Thats the reason I didnt order it. Besides it got no cover for the top.

Nice its good for you though! :)

Yep, if no top cover is a deal breaker, this is not the sleeve for you. But otherwise, I find it comparable to any of the many sleeves I have tried before. I will say that it's a tight fit out of the box, but after a couple days, it's been fine. Curious as to the complaints you've heard?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Yep, if no top cover is a deal breaker, this is not the sleeve for you. But otherwise, I find it comparable to any of the many sleeves I have tried before. I will say that it's a tight fit out of the box, but after a couple days, it's been fine. Curious as to the complaints you've heard?

It was mainly that it was too fit but also the quality - it wears out after plenty of use. I dont know if the second complaint is true at all..

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Same. Never had the one for my iPhone 4 but want one for my iPhone 5!

If Iam going for SENA ill take the Elega , slick and protective!
Cant really figure out why the ultraslim is attractive.

Too TIGHT! Tight tight tiight (breaking buds)

skywest153

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
this sleeve looks so clean and sleek .. hows the pocket feature .. do things fall out .. or is it pretty snug??

Unknown at this time. The first orders won't ship until 2-3 weeks from now. Dodocase sent out a message to all of use who have ordered today and let us know how far along in the process they are. Everything they do is handmade, so QC is at it's best there. Given their reputation, I would assume they won't make it so easy for things to fall out, but time will tell!

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
If Iam going for SENA ill take the Elega , slick and protective!
Cant really figure out why the ultraslim is attractive.

Too TIGHT! Tight tight tiight (breaking buds)

I began with an Elega, but found that it's somewhat subject to scuffs.

The Sena Ultraslim is thinner, has a very luxurious texture, is extremely scuff resistant, soft and supple.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
I began with an Elega, but found that it's somewhat subject to scuffs.

The Sena Ultraslim is thinner, has a very luxurious texture, is extremely scuff resistant, soft and supple.

The Sena Ultraslim scratched both sides of my 4S due to the inner seams rubbing the band every time i took it out/put it in.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The Sena Ultraslim scratched both sides of my 4S due to the inner seams rubbing the band every time i took it out/put it in.
You obviously received a defective case. I'm sure Sena would have assisted you in resolving the problem. My company buys them in large quantities and none of us have had an issue.

The insides of the two I have are soft and compliant. Nothing but leather and high quality stitching. There's no way for the ones I have to cause any marks at all.

I've been using the oldest one (iPhone 4) since that phone was released.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
For traveling

I use this Element accessory case for my iPhone 4 while traveling, then take it out when I get there. Anyone see anything like this yet for the 5? It is big enough to have a slim case on the iPhone too.

API4-1104-K000-2.jpg

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
You obviously received a defective case. I'm sure Sena would have assisted you in resolving the problem. My company buys them in large quantities and none of us have had an issue.

The insides of the two I have are soft and compliant. Nothing but leather and high quality stitching. There's no way for the ones I have to cause any marks at all.

I've been using the oldest one (iPhone 4) since that phone was released.

Maybe scratched was the wrong word. The raw edges of the leather seam 'polished' the bands of my iPhone 4S. It probably wouldn't have happened if the case wasn't so tight.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Maybe scratched was the wrong word. The raw edges of the leather seam 'polished' the bands of my iPhone 4S. It probably wouldn't have happened if the case wasn't so tight.

Kudos for a great Avatar :D

----------

I use this Element accessory case for my iPhone 4 while traveling, then take it out when I get there. Anyone see anything like this yet for the 5? It is big enough to have a slim case on the iPhone too.

Very nice indeed :)

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

Damn I want one!!!

Does it fit in your pocket?

Well, I have never heard of it but I will sure be on the lookout for a iPhone 5-version

Edit: Looked it up ! 10 Dollars!! wow!
http://www.elementcase.com/Transit-Zipper-Case-p/api4-1104-k000.htm

Have you tried fitting your iPhone 5 in it? It might just fit well !

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I ordered the waterfield designs suede sleeve sized for bumper with outside pocket. If nothing else, it will hold my headphones in my purse, but protect my phone as well. I had one for another device and like its flexibility. I do plan to do a bumper which should fit in this.

Also, the price is right and might ship tomorrow.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Damn I want one!!!

Does it fit in your pocket?

Well, I have never heard of it but I will sure be on the lookout for a iPhone 5-version

Edit: Looked it up ! 10 Dollars!! wow!
http://www.elementcase.com/Transit-Zipper-Case-p/api4-1104-k000.htm

Have you tried fitting your iPhone 5 in it? It might just fit well !

Well, when my phone actually gets here I might try it! ;) This is thin enough to fit into a pocket. Zipper is OK, but a little stiff. But for $9 it's a steal. I will get one for sure when the revise for the 5.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Well, when my phone actually gets here I might try it! ;) This is thin enough to fit into a pocket. Zipper is OK, but a little stiff. But for $9 it's a steal. I will get one for sure when the revise for the 5.

What do you mean by stiff? Isnt it soft?

Hows the inner lining btw - anything that could cause scratches to the phone itself?

----------

Does anyone know where I could get a case like this, but cheaper? I've had a look on ebay but couldn't see anything similar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gear-iPhone...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348757277&sr=1-1

Its like a bumper case, but with an added clear plastic back.

Cheers!

Thats not a sleeve sir

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN

Hows the inner lining btw - anything that could cause scratches to the phone itself?

Hi! The lining is a soft fabric. No scratches to date. The zipper is nylon, but I just meant it is somewhat hard to pull shut. Hopefully it will still lats, but for $10 not that big a deal. I like this for total dust protection!

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010

----------

Thats not a sleeve sir

Completely went over my head that this is a sleeve only thread!

Have my deepest apologies! :p

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Regarding the Zipper Case guys!

Hi,

Our current zipper case will not fit the new iPhone 5 since the new phone is longer. At this time I do not have any information if we will be selling them for the new iPhone 5. Please keep in touch with the latest news from Element Case on Facebook, Twitter and our website (http://www.elementcase.com). Thank you and have a good day!

Best,

Cristina Rodriguez
Customer Service
Element Case

HERO XXL

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Utilizing these until the Book Book is released. $10 in Manhattan.

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 221
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.