Compilations and iTunes Album Art Complaint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by al85, Sep 14, 2006.

1. al85 macrumors newbie

I love the new Cover Flow feature in iTunes 7 but one thing does bug me. I have an album say for examples sake an Original Soundtrack. When this is imported into iTunes it will of course have different artists for each song. However when sorted by album (not Album by artist) in cover flow it still shows multiple album covers for each of the songs, treating them as individuals. I like the ability to browse the album art click on an album cover and get all the songs of that album. This however is not the case if the artists are different. Anyway just thought i would share that. I could be overlooking something, message if I am. But I would hope that it could be ironed out. Anybody else feel the same lol.

2. calculus Guest

calculus

Do you have the compilation field set to 'yes'?

3. al85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i think that has done the trick. I feel a little stupid now.

4. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

I think I have a similar problem. And I checked the group compilations in preferences.

When I am browsing my cover flow, I have like 5 different instances of the same album in the view. It's because one song is by Jay-Z and B.I.G. and the other one is just Jay-Z. It seems liek it's making a separate "instance" of the album because there are variations in the artists on the cd. What is my problem?

5. al85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do u have compilation checked and set to yes?

6. calculus Guest

calculus

Glad it worked. No need to feel stupid it's not one of the more obvious features.

7. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Yes I do, and now the problem is confined to one CD. Unfortunately, there are like 10 different combinations of artists on this one CD, and it shows the same 10 album arts.

8. al85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Select all 10 songs, and check the box album artists (leaving it blank)

9. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Three things can affect how multiple albums may show up in Cover Flow.

1. Compilation tag set on or off.
    2. Make sure the Album Name tag is identical across all files, do a copy and paste to be sure.
    3. Enter info into the Album Artist tag.

11. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Solved! I didn't have compilation checked as a previous poster said. I thought he meant in the preferences, but I checked all the songs and clicked get info and changed it there. thanks