Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
Can someone help me with the compiling of a gimp plug-in? The source is available here, and there's also a Windows binary, but there's no Mac binary.

Through fink, I seem to have installed the necessary packages to compile this plugin, which, according to the read me of the plugin source, are gimp, fftw3, and glib. (All were available via fink, but the read me for the plugin states that the developer package of fftw3 is necessary -- fink only provides a standard library, but the homepage of fftw doesn't seem to list a developer package. In any case, I downloaded the source from that webpage and compiled it myself, but I'm still running into problems.)

The errors that I run into are when I try to build the plugin via the "gimptool" command-line program. The syntax for the command, which comes with the gimp-dev package, is "gimp --build fourier.c", but it spits out these errors:

Code:
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:54: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c: In function 'query':
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:169: warning: implicit declaration of function 'G_N_ELEMENTS'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:171: warning: implicit declaration of function 'gimp_plugin_menu_register'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c: In function 'run':
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:204: error: 'GimpRunMode' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:204: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:204: error: for each function it appears in.)
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:204: error: parse error before 'run_mode'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:227: error: 'run_mode' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:227: error: parse error before 'param'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:231: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:232: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:233: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:234: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:235: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:368: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'
/Users/simmy/Desktop/fourier-0.3.0/fourier.c:369: error: 'struct _GimpDrawable' has no member named 'drawable_id'

Can anybody help in correcting this problem? Any insight would be much appreciated.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Well I personally have never undertook the task of compiling a gimp plug-in, but I did a quick search and found a PPC version of fftw3-dev (unstable, perhaps thats why it wasn't showing up for you in Fink since its unstable?) here. Maybe the stable fftw3 isn't what it needs though I can't really tell from the errors.

simX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
tag said:
Well I personally have never undertook the task of compiling a gimp plug-in, but I did a quick search and found a PPC version of fftw3-dev (unstable, perhaps thats why it wasn't showing up for you in Fink since its unstable?) here. Maybe the stable fftw3 isn't what it needs though I can't really tell from the errors.

It's a debian package, though. How am I going to install that on Mac OS X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.