Completely satisfied with MacBook Air - Feedback thread for happy customers

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ksh, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ksh, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

Ksh
    macrumors member

Hello everybody!

Well, we all now that most of the people just go forums to get information regarding their products,resolve questions or just complain about issues.However I'd like to break a lance for happy threads collecting personal satisfaction on this particular model from MacBook's line.

Personally, after 1 month with a brand new MBA 13" 2012 I cannot be happier with this outstanding piece of engineering :p Every task I do with it just make me smile for a while about how it performs and the most important part: How the user feels while performing :)

Probably the MAcBook Air has raised the bar about how a laptop should be in general terms.

I know someone can tell /care but what about you? How hight is your satisfaction level? :)

Have a nice day,Regards.

PS:Happy monthly baby hehe

2. macrumors 6502

JPamplin

I traded my iPad for a 2011 MBA 11"...

I gave a guy my iPad 3 32GB/4G for his 2011 MBA 11" (4/128) and I must say I got the better end of this deal. My MBA is a great little machine, and about the same size as an iPad.

I'll be upgrading to the SATA3 240GB OWC SSD soon. But even the stock is quick. I love it.

JP

3. macrumors 6502a

my 2011 11 inch Macbook Air is the best laptop i have ever owned.

4. macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Well I kept my 08 Air for about 3 years and I loved that laptop.

Now I have had this 2011 13" Air for about 14 months and I'm very happy with it. Unless something major changes I will have this laptop until 2014.

And I hope by 2014 when I upgrade we will have a Retina display on the Air.

5. macrumors 6502

omgitscro

2010, 1.4GHz C2D 11" 2GB RAM, 128GB SSD.

Probably the lowest numbers that will show up on this thread, but even after nearly two years, I'm perfectly happy with the performance of this computer. I even do research computing (processor-heavy simulations) and I have no gripes about its raw performance. Computers have been fast enough these past few years to make upgrading more often than every half-decade quite unreasonable if one doesn't have a decent income to blow.

6. macrumors 68040

Who's the fool who agreed to this deal? Simple research tells you the air is still worth much more than the ipad. :confused:

7. macrumors regular

Exact same Air, exact same experience. It's my secondary machine, but it does everything I throw at it with ease. No reason to upgrade so far. I love it.

8. macrumors 6502a

9. Ksh
    thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad to see more ppl loving their MacBook Air :)
    Satisfaction level seems very high from first to last models and that rocks!

JPamplin awesome trade,enjoy it hehe

Regards.

10. macrumors newbie

The perfect computer...

After a long time working/playing/suffering with my Win PCs, I jumped into the latest and greatest 15" MCP in 2010. Last year I purchased the MCA 11" as a "second computer". I was so impressed with it, specially when I put an Apple Cinema Display alongside, that soon the MCP was stacked together with the Windows PCs... As soon as the 2012 MBA came out I got the maxxed out 11" version and couldn't be happier.

The thing is wonderful: the i7/8GB/256GB SSD combo is not a desktop-replacement, but THE desktop itself (Magic Trackpad, Wireless Kbd and ACD 27", backed up via Time Capsule), besides being the perfect companion on the road w/ a external HDD...

The perfect computer...

Edric

11. macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Running a late 2010 13" MBA, fully decked out, as my main computer since the day it came out. I keep several apps open, including Photoshop Elements and Aperture for post processing and the machine handles everything just fine.

12. macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

I'm perfectly satisfied with my new 2012 13" with the LG screen and the Toshiba drive, which if the noisily OCD afflicted on this forum are to be believed, are both crap.

13. macrumors member

Bonilla

I am really happy, i had macbook pro 15" and 13" years ago, when i got this laptop i felt like i could be disappointing but now i can tell you for sure.

It is the best laptop i never owned. I will upgrade maybe in 2 years or if there is a new desing soon.

Macbook Air mild 2011 ultimate.

14. macrumors member

It is just a beast.

Although I can't really say MBA is the best machine in the market since my last one is 3+ years old.

But so far so good, I have zero issue with it. I was from Windows world.

The fact that Apple Inc. has provided strong customer support and service becomes the reason why I love MBA so much.

15. macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Enjoying reading all this positive experience of MBA. While I like learning about problems/solutions too, it's inspiring when you are about to buy a new computer hearing how people love it and haven't had problems with it.

16. macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

We still loves my 2 year old 11" precious.

17. macrumors 6502a

I just got my first Mac after 20 years of PC use and it's the best computer I've ever used by far. I thought that the 13" screen would be to small but it is perfect. Overall it isn't completely flawless but it was worth every penny.

18. macrumors 6502a

Same computer except with 4GB ram. Wonderful piece of machinery. Only issue I ever had was a trackpad issue that was solved by applecare.

19. macrumors regular

Im extremely happy.

I just got my 13" i7/8Gb/256 and can't be happier. I had last year's i7/256 13" but had to sell it, since I spilled water on it, it got turned off by itself, didn't work for a day, and after two days of putting inside a trash bag with a giant silica bag, it started working perfectly, every little thing worked. (Sound, lights, etc.)

After having it for a full year, and loving it, I sold it for 20% under what I paid for it, not too bad.

So I went and bought this one... so awesome. The 512 vram is awesome. I can run Starcraft II on native resolution, high textures, high video, everything else on low, at 60 FPS, it drops to around 48+ in intensive battles.

And I can also play Diablo II with the same settings at around (My guess) 30+ FPS most of the time.

No Boot Camp for me. :cool:

20. macrumors 6502a

bembol

I'm not happy.

I don't want to give up my Air when/if Apple announces new iMac's this Fall. I don't have $2k lying to around to buy another Mac.

I love it so much I bought the necessary toys (LED, Speaker, etc.) for it.

21. macrumors newbie

I love my 13" 2012, my first mac ever, and plan to keep it until it dies. :D The only problems I've had have been learning how to use OS X!

22. macrumors 6502a

You can't say that you're satisfied when you hold a TN screen in 2012. For a $1000+ laptop, I hoped that Apple would, at least, put IPS screen in their MBA. But why? there would be many suckers to buy their computers anyway.

23. macrumors 6502a

An IPS screen would be cool, but I can assure you that I am completely satisfied with the MBA for the price I paid. I compared the screen of my MBA side by side with my iPad (which has a beautiful IPS display) and the MBA has richer color and looks fantastic. If you really want an IPS display you are welcome to pay $2200 for the RMBP.

24. macrumors 68030

I am a follower of a few automobile forums , a few Marine forums and the Apple forums. All enthusiasts seem to be the same; They are all upset with what the manufacturer makes, want it made with more features, and pay less money. It never seems to change.

The truth is, if you look at the Apple MBA, it does what it's supposed to do, and it does it very well, if you're not trying to pick it apart as enthusiast. I use it 5 days a week on the road in a hotel room, and back at home as my main unit. It does that very, very well with no problems. I have no idea what SSD I have, I have no idea what display I have, nor do I care. It just works great for me, but I use it as a business tool.

25. macrumors regular

I could almost keep my 13 inch 2012 macbook air as my only computer.

I have an older iMac. Aside from its big display, it doesnt have anything on my new Air.