1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Completely waterproof iphone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coneman5259, Jun 26, 2010.

1. macrumors member

coneman5259

With the popularity of induction charging, do you think that a completely waterproof iphone case is far behind. Is there problems with translucent plastic interfering with the ambient like sensor? The speaker would still be usable through a a thin membrane but the mic may be too distorted.

This may not seem worth while to invest in, but as an avid camper and fisherman, I can see how something like this is very useful. As of lately I just leave my phone in a ziplock bag.

2. macrumors 68020

Pelican makes a case, but you can't work while the phone is in it. Probably floats, though.

3. macrumors regular

Otterbox used to make a waterproof case for the iPhone (not sure which version of the phone. Maybe 2g). It has been discontinued.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors newbie

waterproof iphone case

Believe otterbox still makes cases. Check out this site, you can't buy anything there directly just yet but they've listed and written about the features of the most popular waterproof iphone cases: http://www.anchorcase.com.au

5. macrumors 6502a

they have the lifeproof, otterbox armor, seidio obex, incipio atlas( coming out soon) and the griffin catalyst, all of which are lifeproof

6. macrumors member

Holy thread revival batman!

7. macrumors newbie

it's amazing case.so cool