Component Cable splitter?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JW008, Jan 18, 2007.

1. JW008 macrumors 6502

Just a quick question (sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable about this subject).

Does such a thing as a Compenent Cable splitter exist? I have two component cable inputs, but three things (TV receiver, DVD player, Wii) I want to hook up to the TV. Is there a better solution than having to physically unplug and replug one system when I want to play/watch it? Thanks!

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I found a switch box at BB that has composite, S-vid, component, toslink, and ethernet for up to seven devices. I have all of my consoles and my DVR hooked up to it. I'm at work, and I'll be darned if I can recall the brand, but a quick search of bb.com should locate it. $80 or so, and handy when you have 6 consoles and only two inputs on your TV.

EDIT: This is not the one I have, but this will do what you need.

3. -DH macrumors 65816

There are several models available, but you may be searching for the wrong thing. Technically speaking, what you want is a component distribution amp. A splitter will only degrade the signal.

-DH

4. JW008 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, a splitter isn't what I want...like zelmo said, it looks like it's a switch box. I just didn't know what to call it. Thanks---I appreciate your all's help.

5. -DH macrumors 65816