Component to VGA?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Seeing that there is no news from Nintendo about this, does anyone know (other than the Lik Sang item, thanks Sony!) of a good Component to VGA adapter I'd be able to use with the Wii? Heck, does the Wii even come with component cables? I'm guessing I'll be spending a lot of money here.

I've seen cables like these http://www.oyyy.co.uk/product.php?xProd=19698&froogle, but I'm wondering if it would be as simple as using a male to male Component cable adapter with VGA on the other end?

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

My samsung 171mp came with a proprietary male componet female vga cable and I have to use it to enable 1080i and 720p on it. To connect my 360 I just bought 3 rca gender changers from radio shack for a few dollars instead buying a 360VGA cable and now I have 720p on a 17" monitor and it looks sharper and better than on using component on my older 32"wega. Also I can sit furthur away from it than the other tv (always a bonnus as my father always yelled at me growing "don't sit so damn close to the tv!")