componet cable help

Discussion in 'Games' started by kakkoiimac, Dec 11, 2006.

1. kakkoiimac macrumors regular

ok..i just got my wii component cables today...yay! but i hooked them up to my sharp tv (SD) just until my bro. LCD gets here... but i dont get any sound. Is there some sort of setting that i need to change. I put the componet cables in the correct colors then stick the audio in the excess audio jacks... any help would be much appreciated!

ps this is my first time ever doing anything with componet cables

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Do you have another component device you can try? I got my cables yesterday and they work great.

I doubt this makes any difference at all for the audio, but make sure the settings are set to HD/ED TV setting.

<]=)

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just to do a head check here...what is the device being connected to the TV?

On the TV end, you've plugged in five (5) RCA-jack cables, right? Three for video and two for audio? What are they plugged into on the other side? Are you sure each one is feeding into the correct thing? Are you sure you're using the pair of audio plugs that goes with that component input set on the screen (assuming you have more than one)?

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Ensure you are connected to the correct audio ports. Sometimes the audio for the component inputs is not right next to the inputs.

And for clarification, you are using these cables to connect a game system to the TV, correct?

TEG

5. kakkoiimac thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys...i just got the audio jacks mixed up...sorry newbie mistake...and it was a wii to a tv...thanks all:)