Compressing - need urgent help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Smileyguy, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2004
    Hello, my quest to keep my paper printed continues. I've got 14 PDF pages emailed to the printers - 2 to go. Problem is both are 20mb in size. Is there any shareware/freeware/trial/cheap! program that will compress them for me?

2. SumDumGuy macrumors regular

Jun 17, 2002

How did you manage to make the PDF's you were having trouble with?
  3. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2004
    The xtension you gave me would only work with distiller, which I don't have at home. Thanks for the help anyway!

I just went into work early this morning, did them, and arranged for the printer to take them a little later. Not that big a crisis after all! :D
  4. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2004
    Trying to download stuffit trial, credit card's ran up. stuffit trial won't downlaod. :confused:
  5. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
  6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Check with your printer, they may have an FTP site that you can drop the pages in to. Or if you have .Mac you could set up an iDisk location that your printer can go to.
  7. Smileyguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 29, 2004
    Someone told me that I can send bigger files faster using programs like Mail or Outlook.

Does anyone know and onlin email servers that wil allow files of 25mb + to be sent.
  8. Miner Willy macrumors regular

Apr 30, 2004
    Bradford, UK
    Speak to your printer

Ask your printer how he wants you to send the file.

He may have an ISDN connection or a direct connection that he can give you a log and password that you can FTP to. Speak to them they don't bite and will usually be happy to help you.

If you need some FTP software can I suggest you use Fetch or Transmit it can be found

Miner Willy