CompUSA and Apple are spying on me...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by corywoolf, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with CompUSA Inc. and Apple Inc. These views do not represent these corporations in any way. The point of this post is about privacy and how these corporations don't give you any.

I have decided to remove the contents because I wish no legal action from CompUSA or Apple. I don't care to get into legalities here, my point was ethics.

2. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

whoa fuc* the man..and for apple.. COME ON!!!! your not gonan go bankrupt you ahve the ipod

3. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

ummmm... what?

OP: Are you sure you didn't sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement when you went to work for CompUSA?

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Yea man, you have to be REALLY careful where you post your comments if you used to or currently work for a tech company. Your own personal opinions could be taken as representative of the company you work for.

On these forums, I would stick to contructively helping people out with questions rather than posting experiences and negative opinions...

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

So you don't work there anymore (?). What can they do then.
    Moral of the story is don't buy from CompUSA, go through Apple direct.

6. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

my thoughts exactly

That's a good point, but would it apply once he no longer worked there?

7. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Exactly... I am not affiliated with CompUSA Inc. anymore and I have never represented Apple Inc.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if you never signed a NDA with either company they can't do anything.
    just be sure that you never did sign such a paper when you went to work there.

but Apple employees are not allowed to post on forums such as MacRumors. :rolleyes:

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

You want my legal advice?

F*ck them.

Unless you signed something saying you'd keep your mouth shut, then I say continue enjoying your Right to Free Speech and tell them to get bent.

10. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

My guess would be yes. Imagine an apple employee/exec decides to leave and spill the beans about some hot new product or something. Obviously companies must be thinking about what happens if an associate trusted with valuable information decides to suddenly leave.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You don't sign an NDA; the Apple reps, on the other hand, probably do. I got in trouble once for posting some stuff I thought was irrelevant online that hit digg, but I was still working there. I removed it because I didn't to get anyone else at work in trouble over my stupid mistake, and I respected the people I worked with enough to listen to their request that I take it down.

Corywoolf, just remember that the CompUSA managers and/or Apple representative might get in trouble for having told you these things. If you don't want to get them in trouble, consider removing what you can. If you don't care, then disregard.

You're not being spied on, but CompUSA corporate does read Digg. And Apple probably reads Macrumors.

Hi guys! I'm a big fan, if you're reading :D Tell Steve I said hi!

Not all CompUSA's are bad. The ones I've been to were actually quite good stores with helpful people, but I'm on the opposite side of the U.S..

12. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

They monitor these forums and digg. They saw my name and that I had worked for them. They leave me a message. I do care about my former coworkers, but this is not aimed at Apple as much as CompUSA. I can't remove the posts (thread is locked, digg is only editable for a couple minutes), or I would have and still started a thread about privacy. In my book CompUSA is spying on me in the sense that I can't share my experiences without getting watched.

13. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

DELETED

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

When you sign a contract to work for a company there is a little statement that says something like, "don't disclose trade secrets about the company." That usually still is in effect after you leave.

15. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

DELETED

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well you are saying something they don't want you too so its best not to say anything.;)

And the more you promote this more people will read and the worse it will get.

17. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Yeah, I'm gonna say listen to MacNut on this one. I'd drop the subject instead of thrashing against apple/compusa.

18. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

You've got a point. This is why I hate these corporate juggernauts, no privacy. I wish there was a private forums that they could not access easily. I wish I could discuss this further, but I got my point out there for a few minutes at least.

19. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

link :cool:

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Unless of course they are in there too.;)

21. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

I know I know, but not enough people can view these forums to be worth much to me. I plan on giving $25 sometime soon, but I have a few other things I have to do first financially.

22. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

If you only knew how many people are actually in there . . .

23. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I dunno...CompUSA and Apple might join forces and somehow scrape the $25 together...

24. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

You think they could afford that? It was a bit steep for me, and I know apple doesn't have NEARLY as much money as I do.

As for the OP- what do you expect? Someone to create a forum that allows only people, not corporations to view it, and can somehow stop someone who works for a corporation from signing up as a person in order to view said forum? Add that to the list of things that will never come.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would propose closing the thread so as not to get the op into any hotter water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.