CompUSA Apple Convert

Discussion in 'Community' started by sparkleytone, Oct 28, 2001.

1. macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

hey everyone i know this is probably way off any type of topic and opening myself to flame but i thought i'd say hello to the forum. i am a commissioned salesperson at compUSA in NC. before coming to comp about three months ago i knew hardly anything of apple and did not like them and did not want to learn. i can work inside outside backwards forwards and sideways through a PC with winblows and linux. well i am about two weeks away from my beautiful order of an iBook with an iPod and all accessories i want :DDDDD and i couldnt be more excited. if im HALF as happy as i THINK im gonna be i will never again buy PC. wow.

P.S. the much heard of fulltime apple employee in select compUSA's is working WONDERS

2. macrumors 6502

Awesome...

It is good to hear that. I am always disappointed to go into a CompUSA and see the employees be ignorant of Apple computer and how great their products are. I know you will enjoy your new choice! I too can't wait for my iPod. I do believe it is revolutionary.. but also the start of something even better!

3. macrumors 6502

nice

NIce to hear that you woke up and smelt the cofee. Sorry for bieng nasty but im in the mood for forum war. Are my allies still with me? (I.e spikey and co.?)

4. macrumors 6502a

sir yes sir
    Im getting the same urge, infact its so tempting its almost sexual.

5. macrumors regular

Kela:

I'll join in on your side. :)

6. macrumors 6502a

Im wondering if any of the newcomers know of the last "debate" we had. Hopefully i wont get banned next time.

Anyway, wait for someone stupid to say something about a big subject...... not mentioning any names (john, gpturismo, + all the other zealots out there)

Funny u should mention that though kela, i have been looking to start macwar II for a couple of weeks now.

7. thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

omfgz br1ng teh warz!!! i will OWN YOU!! MWAHAHA kthx.

whoa 1337ness j00 die.

8. macrumors regular

Hate to be the bringer of the olive branch, but don't you need something to fight ABOUT first? I do miss the you're-such-an-imbecile-how-do-you-even-breathe fights of months past. *sigh*

9. macrumors 6502

I have to say Kela, that reading through the posts in that debate the past month, I could not help to see the ignorance in some of the characters on these forums.

I have been reading here for some time, but just starting to post here. It has been fun.

Here's to CompUSA, even though they have troubles in the Mac area.. thank God for the new Apple Stores!.. I bought my own first brand new Apple from them! I still have and use it to this day... So here's to them...

10. macrumors 6502a

That last post re-defined the meaning of ignorance.
    Ignorance dannnyZR2??.............i forgot you were such a f*cking genious.

..............yes... that is nice sparkleytone.

f*ck olive branches.

11. macrumors 6502a

....and talking about ignorance, where has john123 gone? i aint heard from him in ages.

12. macrumors 6502

im back

So I see. Akuma has joined the forces of Spikey, moi, and few others. Well, be prepared. ThalytheFierce is just one of the few gimps about to say something stupid. However, the war will commence when the Obergimp John123 returns. In answer to your question Spikey, I seriously fear for John123's presence here. I mean, is he/it even still a member?

Anyone thought of a good topic to start some serious bitchin about?

13. macrumors 6502

???

Whoa whoa whoa...who the flyin **** is DAnnyZr2?? I would like to say that Blakespot and other sysops should upgrade die-hard members like (spikey, moi, John123, pants e.t.c) to a god status....i mean, what differentiates us from the other freaks that enter like every day just to post some junk?

14. Retired

jefhatfield

forum wars past, present, and future

the last few months have been ripe for forum wars since much of 2000 was like the preacher preaching to the converted...i only saw an occassional pc user

early 2001 brought high hopes and some real life pc users to macrumors who defended their side pretty well...the mac side had fun fighting against them but tired out quickly because the mac vs pc debate wins no converts to either side...like usual, while the macs have the better computers, the pc side has the knowledge of macs a little more than the mac side has of the pc side...this has constantly been the achilles heel of the mac side, not to mention having steve jobs be the ceo of apple (either he really is ignorant of the comments he makes about the pc side or he is a liar and the distortion reality rumors are true) i love and hate steve jobs at the same time and his unmatched knack for sales and presentation coupled with his lack of technical knowledge makes him the most interesting person in silicon valley...he is like the fran tarkenton of computers...break all the records, wow the crowd in the playoffs, and then choke in the super bowl...but hey, steve jobs at least gets into the "super bowl" unlike midwest micro, tiny, or novell

as 2001 matured, apple's net worth stayed frustratingly stagnant and the high hopes seemed to be dashed and the real fun began as the new kings of the macforum, many who came here between spring and summer of 2001, began showing up ready for battle and they turned this site into a real destination for macheads...especially since that "other" major site went down

now, that 2001 is rounding up, there is a new breed of new mac users coupled with a few old time mac users who are bringing a fresh unseen perspective to the struggle which is going to be the next year for apple as they continue to regain lost ground (as we as other companies plan to do in order to survive)

the ratio of ignorant and enlightened remains about the same, give or take ten percent, and the worse things get for apple, the better the forum wars will get but...the better things get for apple, the more boring the wars are since we are all singing in some sort of mac unison

only members of macrumors, pre-2000, if there is any such a creature, will remember the mac heyday here but i came along right before the bubble burst for the world of IT in general, just in time for a pc repairman (mac user at home) like me to step into the landmine we call macrumors

15. thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

omg people macpeople are WUSSIES!! WHERES MY F*KIN WAR!!?!?!?!?! YOUR MOTHER USES WINDOWS!

nefarious teh compUSA lackey

16. macrumors regular

What the hell did I ever do to you Kela? Gimp? Like you've never typed something that came out of your ass. And I always did favor your side... Anyhow, I go to an engineering school and have a few Machead friends. We know way more about PC's than the other side does about Macs. Basically they say "I hate Macs because they're dumb and you can't do anything on them." I though maybe I'd find some more intelligent debating here.

17. macrumors 6502

I apologize

Dear ThalytheFierce, I apologize for my snide remarks directed towards you. After serious review of the past "debate", I agree, you did support us. Thankyou and I recall the "gimp" remark. PLease try to forgive me.

- Kela

18. macrumors 6502a

thanks for the f*cking thesis jef, whatever it was about i dont know but it sounds intelligent.

John123 not a member??? but i miss taking the piss out of him. hes nearly as weird as that guy that left over a remark some1 made of him.... and the bad language used.

19. Retired

jefhatfield

many thanks, spikey

now where is the forum war?

...i am waiting to see how the new members fare...they are more than eager to take you frequent posters on and i am impressed with Mac_User, oldMac, and other new guys since i think they will be the next group of macrumor superpowers and they will unseat you

john123, thayil (i can't get the name right), spikey, kela, monkeybusiness, and other senior members...you guys have something to seriously worry about since i think these new guys will pose a serious threat

i have seen several groups take the helm of the posts since the begining of macrumors and this is nothing new

so there is a topic for a forum war (since i see the new crop coming in with different ideas...but not that i agree or disagree with them any more or any less...this is kind of like survivor with different alliances)

welcome Mac_User, OldMac and the rest of the new people

[Edited by jefhatfield on 10-31-2001 at 12:17 PM]

20. Retired

jefhatfield

others

i forgot to mention timek and foocha among the new users and there are many more and they are all very cool and i hope ready to battle

and sorry about the misspell, it's thlaylithefierce instead of thayil

i may not know the names very well but i remember the comments better

i notice a lot of the hardware guys don't post on the software side as much or vice versa...maybe there could be a forum war on what is more cool, the hardware or OS X?

i made the comment earlier that there are more pc users knowledgeable about the mac than the pc - that's my observation in the last 20 years in general and here's why:

...since macs are better than pcs, there is little incentive to change over or to even discover what the pc world is about

many pc users are unhappy with windows and they are more than willing to check out something better, like the mac or the world of linux or sun

i don't mind mac users, like the engineering student above, who could make comments that are intellient about pcs

...but since i fix them for a living as a network engineer and pc repairman and i have to know what i am doing in order to get paid...i only charge when i could fix something, nothing gripes me more than ignorant comments about thinking that windows xp is dos, or that all pcs suck because of bad hardware, or comparing speeds of machines based on photoshop and not any other applications

if you are going to make a comment about pcs, know at least something about what you are talking about because it is stupid comments made in the mac world (starting with steve jobs...the world's worst tech*, as opposed to woz, the best tech) which has made many intelligent pc techies marginalize the mac world and consider them toys...it is the toy like charm of the imac which made it a best seller month after month in 1999, but it also made a lot of serious computer engineers think that apple became a toy company

that said, i know better, and having seen both types of computers, of which i have had many, the mac is better all the way around...the pc rules when it comes to "software availability" at the average shopping mall

i don't mind stupid comments about business matters concerning apple because

1) this is a techie and mac user site and

2) business is less of a hard science than computers so almost anything goes...it takes an engineer with a degree to design a motherboard or processor but it does not take a formal college degree to become a business success or millionaire...look at gates, jobs, the woz (who later got a teaching degree/credential), dell, ellison, and fanning!...and this small group is the short list of who's who right now or in the past few years of IT

* steve jobs saved apple and without him, there would be no apple right now...i am convinced of that...it took a master marketing genius like steve jobs then and it will continue to need him as long as he is willing

i just don't like it when reporters ask him a simple question that is technical in nature and he either walks out of a conference or says in his trademark way, "You don't know what you are talking about?" Since a lot of reporters still have him mixed up with the real techie, Steve Wozniak, they back off like idiots

woz says on his site that he was the only engineer among gates, allen, jobs, and himself...and that is true even though that cheap movie, "Pirates of Silicon Valley" made them all look like techies...if you don't believe me, check out http://www.woz.org to get the real scoop on being a real mac techie

[Edited by jefhatfield on 10-31-2001 at 11:47 AM]

21. macrumors regular

So here's a debate for you: Woz or Jobs? Who really made Apple? Jobs obviously saved Apple but would there be something to save without Woz?

Kela: s'ok

22. macrumors 6502

with alldue respect

Whassup with the essays mr. hatfield?? Save the mabo jambo for the verbal war when John123 returns ready to get bashed.

23. macrumors newbie

Also a CompUSA employee

In the exact same boat. After a couple of co workers convince me to buy a Imac after months after rejecting the idea. I tried the imac it won me over, and now i own a 867 G4. Now all i use my PC is as a CD player, so i can assure you will be happy.

24. macrumors 68020

mymemory

Kela and Spikey

Once I entered in a chat room and for my surprice, two people where getting married. One of the guys was the pastor and another couple were the parents of the bride and later on the ex-cyberboyfriend of the girl came because some one told him about the cyber wedding (I guess by e-mail) and there was a big mess and the chat roome fall in to a chaos with both cyber families arguing, etc...

The point is that may be realting as you both do in a forum or any place in the internet can cause some wird adictions bacuse the lack of realism and end up living in an alternative world filled with illusions and fantacies....

It actually sound a kinda of fine if you think we are comming in to the 3rd world war and my country is tunrning in to a dictatorship with a comunist president (at the 21st century)...

Hi Kela! what's up Spikey?

25. thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

ummm ya that was the most ridiculously stupid concoction of words i have ever seen. it LOOKS like english but just comes off as some type of falsely metaphorical jumble. and this thread had so much going for it...gj idiot.