CompUSA Centon RAM?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bonked, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Bonked macrumors member

Sep 9, 2005
    This week CompUSA has 512MB PC3200/DDR Centon RAM for 29.99 a stick. Seems like a good deal, but I fear it's a little too good to be true. Anybody have experience with Centon? Anything I should worry about before buying?

2. Bonked thread starter macrumors member

Sep 9, 2005
    Forgive me...

...for the bump, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks!
  3. Maynerd macrumors regular

Jan 4, 2007
    You might want to explain what type of machine you are going to put this RAM into.
  4. acastic macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    I've used Centon RAM from CompUSA in past computers and haven't had any problems. I'd say go for it.
  5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Does CompUSA guarantee compatibility with your particular machine (whatever it might be - we don't know)?

If not, it's your risk. Make sure that you have a no-cost return for refund ability. It's basic generic RAM.

If you're talking about a PowerBook G4 1,0 - 1.33 Aluminum, or an iMac G5 rev A, then forget it, the chances of generic RAM being compatible in thise machines is slender.
  6. acastic macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    I used the Cenron RAM in a 12in powerbook and it worked fine. no problems at all. I've never had a problem returning something to CompUSA if it didn't work.
  7. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Feb 7, 2007
    I was also wondering if this ram was any good. I see they have a deal on ram that would fit my macbook but wasnt sure if I should take the chance on this or not.