Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
I have always noticed the really cool background images that CompUSA displays in motion on all the Cinema Displays in the store. They are always really high-res and entertaining. Does anyone know what im talkin about? It may just be the store that I go to, but the employee told me Apple sends them all those. Does anyone have any idea where to find something like this?? Thanks!

Kurt
_

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Find out when the Apple Rep comes in and ask him if he can give them to you. Not sure about your CompUSA, but at the one I work at the Apple Rep is in almost everyday. I think that is supposed to be the new program, but they may not have one at your store yet.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
the closest compusa is an hour and a half away, and the closest apple store is like 4 hours, I suppose all i can do is hope someone can help me when i go there next? I was hoping there was like a site or something that had all of apples fun stuff. I think that the background images they were using were from like sample images apple gave them for iphoto. Maybe that helps??

Thanks!
Kurt
_

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
6914708 said:
I have always noticed the really cool background images that CompUSA displays in motion on all the Cinema Displays in the store. They are always really high-res and entertaining. Does anyone know what im talkin about? It may just be the store that I go to, but the employee told me Apple sends them all those. Does anyone have any idea where to find something like this?? Thanks!

Kurt
_

Kepp in mind that I haven't seen these, but are they the screen savers?

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
they were using the images from iphoto, with the change picture every 5 seconds feature, but they were images that apple sent them to use. Nothing that comes with OSX, they are kinda like the material you always see steve present with @ keynotes. It has me stumped.

Kurt
_

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Oh, I thought you were talking about the demos that they run on them. One of the new ones is about the "iLifestyle" or something like that. Yeah those images, are just ones they load on to demo iPhoto. Unfortunately, it doesn't change my advice about talking to the Apple Rep. I don't think they are available online anywhere. And FYI, since you said they looked like hi-res pics, the ones I have looked at were 1600x1200 resolution.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
what is this ilifestyle thing exactly?? and I am definatley going to talk to someone again when I am able to make it down there. I was just hopin to find some easy way. ha!

Thanks
Kurt
_

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Apple sends material out for retail for demo purposes. What your talking about is a demo libraryabout 1.2 gigs in size. Standard reseller material.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
If it is their screensaver, then it should be easy. Just find the pictures they're using and email them to yourself through webmail, provided that CompUSA is wired. I know the Apple Stores are...

Or a USB flash drive, FireWire drive, iPod, etc... You should be able to get into the System Preferences for that, as it's a per user thing, unlike changing startup disks or something like that.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
alright, good points, thanks guys. It probley sounded like a stupid question, but it is interesting to me, and thanks for helpin!

Kurt
_

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.