CompUSA's return policy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by buffalo, Jan 19, 2007.

1. buffalo macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2005
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    I've been looking around CompUSA's website looking for their return policy but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know the general policy regarding Mac's?

I'm might be buying a CD Macbook that's in their clearance section. Like most people considering a computer purchase soon, there is the decision on whether to wait for Leopard / iLife. If I were to purchase the MB and the iLife announcement came soon after the purchase, would it be worth it to return and buy it with iLife?

Also, does CompUSA sell RAM for MacBooks?
  2. McGarvels macrumors 6502

Nov 10, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Here is there return policy
    Hope this helps.

Also, they do sell RAM for mb, mbp, and iMac. Look here

3. aljlin macrumors regular

Sep 7, 2006
    I would also like to point out, that unless CompUSA is the one updating the software, if you are still wanting the CD Macbook, you won't get the updated iLife anyways since they don't produce that model anymore. if you were to get a C2D Macbook, right after the upgrade, you may or may not have the new iLife depending on how CompUSA receives and updates their stock, though you may be able to get them to upgrade the iLife if your model was produced after a certain period of time. In that in itself it might be just better buying iLife. It depends on whether you are getting a discount on the CD Macbook, since it is in their clearence section. if you are getting that for anything more than 100 dollars less than the current price of the c2d macbooks, my recommendation will stick, purchase the iLife software at the store and it'll be basically cheaper than getting the c2d with the ilife installed.
  4. domzanghi macrumors member

Mar 8, 2006
    I just purchased the wrong harddrive from compusa. After completely opening the entire package, I was able to exchange it--with no questions--for the proper harddrive.
    I was VERY happy with their service. Their return policy (if i remember correctly) is if you're unhappy with their product, you have 21 days to return/exchange it. The exceptions were computers, and a few other things (probably high-end TVs, etc), which required a 15% restocking fee.
  5. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2005
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    Thanks for the link!

That makes sense. The MacBook is the 2.0 GHz white model and is $899. I will probably be upgrading my iMac to iLife '07 so the difference between one license and the family pack is only $20, a similar situation for Leopard, $130 for a single license and $200 for the family pack (assuming prices stay the same as Tiger).