CompuServe (OS X) Exporting Address Book Contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LimeiBook86, Nov 6, 2006.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Hey guys,

My Aunt has been using CompuServe for some time now. She has now switched to a cable modem through a new ISP and is going to stop using the CompuServe service. The only thing is she has over a hundred addresses in her CompuServe address book, so since she's now using the Apple Mail program (built-into OS X) she's going to need to use the regular Address Book program in OS X. Now I don't see any options to export these address book files to a Vcard or other compatible format in CompuServe.

Does anyone know a way of how to export these address contacts from CompuServe into Mac OS X (without typing them all up again)...? Any information would be great. Thanks :D

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

there is a way to import plain-text files, if you can get her address book information out that way.
    The Address Book help file has some more information on this.

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Well the thing is the addresses are in the CompuServe program itself. I can't find the source files for this or even get a text file with all of the contacts. I'm now in Windows XP via Boot Camp and I'll see if the Windows version has a way to do it. Thanks anyway. :)

Update: Well I just typed up all 147 contacts up in Address Book manually, there were some programs for Windows that would do it but, they were $30. It's insane that to this day you can not export your AOL or CompuServe contacts without third-party software. Oye... :p