computer and climate control...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whyrichard, Aug 19, 2006.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002

I live in the los angeles area, specifically glendale, and i have a garage i am thinking of turning into my studio.

Would it be a mistake to move my desktop pc into the garage? it doesn't leak, or hasn't so far, it rarely rains... it's secure....? the temperature fluctuates... what do you think?

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Apr 27, 2006
    What kind of PC is it?

Most are rated to around 100 degrees fahrenheit. As long as temperatures don't go higher than that, or whatever your PC is rated at, your golden.

Fluctuations in temperature on a day-to-day basis don't affect computers so much as the maximum and minimum at which the computer is rated.

You can buy space air conditions/heaters for only a few hundred dollars a piece anyways. Most garages are insulated.

Good luck with your new studio.
  3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002
    it is barely insulated, bare wood and 2x4's.... my concern is with humidity, though i feel that won't be a problem with la's climate.... and a dirtbag will help with air particles in computer........

4. piltupso macrumors regular

Apr 29, 2006
    Not to get too far off topic what is a dirtbag? Is it some kind of air cleaner for the computer? I live in a dusty area and have been concered with the dust build up in my machine.
  5. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002