Computer bug failed to stop 'Daily Miracle'

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 27, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: News and Press Releases
    Link: Computer bug failed to stop 'Daily Miracle'
    Description:: Newspaper editors for a century have called each day's paper "The Daily Miracle," in tribute to all the things that have to happen before it ends up on your doorstep.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 65816

jholzner

Dumbest quote in the article:

"Using flash drives to help us put out the paper was either a stroke of genius or the luckiest shot I've ever seen," said Frank Corsoe, The Blade's sports editor.

I'm not sure what he's even trying to say. :D

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Well they do say that
    "In the end, the Macs and the flash drives saved the day. The paper got off the presses three hours late, but it was printed - and delivered. The product was far from perfect." and that
    "But it will lead to better security systems. "We're setting up a disaster recovery room that will be manned at all times with computers that are immune to viruses," Mr. Zerbey said. "

as well as "In the end, the Macs and the flash drives saved the day. The paper got off the presses three hours late, but it was printed - and delivered. " So it is not all bad.

4. 24C
    macrumors 6502a

Where were all those vulnerable exploits for those 'smug' macs? I hope they've been reading the 'big' press comments and are going to address this ever present security problem. :rolleyes:

5. macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Translation "I don't know anything about computers and this concept of moving data from one machine to another amazes me."

I often bring photos from home to work on a flash drive, I'm a damn genius by this guys standards :rolleyes:

6. macrumors G5

nagromme

Genius can mean the list of useful facts you know... or it can mean your ability to improvise successfully even if you DON'T know a lot of useful facts.

I'm thinking the newspaper managed the latter rather than the former.

7. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

He is a Sports editor that means that he doesn't know or understand anything about technology. :rolleyes: