Computer Crashes from Sleep

Discussion in 'macOS' started by supergod, Sep 30, 2005.

1. supergod macrumors 6502

Earlier this year my computer was plagued with problems so I cleared it out and reinstalled Tiger. Since then I've kept very careful in what I put on there and how I maintain it. My computer is kept in impeccable condition by all means.

Since the iTunes 5/Quicktime update, I have had numerous problems with my computer. It decided to keep resetting the audio output to only the right speaker every time I restarted, certain programs were running slowly and crashing. There is one massive problem though that I just can't figure out how to deal with: I can't put my computer on slee mode.

That is to say: if I put my computer on sleep, even for a very short time, it can not wake from that sleep and needs to be manually shut down and restarted. Sometimes if I leave it on sleep mode for as little as a few minutes, the fans start going crazy (vacuum cleaner volume).

The constant problems I get every time I use software update have me sick of Apple. If there is no way to deal with this (as I am starting to suspect) than I might have to reinstall Tiger. And if I do, this time I am going to try not installing any software or security updates. Every new one seems to bring new problems.

2. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

I have learned to procastinate and selectively install any software/security update when it pops up. And see what the users here and MacFixIt have in their reviews.

Hint: Security Update 2005-008 is still faithfully tempting me on my Software Update :)

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Is the RAM from Apple or from someone else? I personally haven't had any problems with iTunes, QuickTime or Security Updates. :confused:

As for the speakers acting strangely, resetting the PRAM may help momentarily but it sounds like the problem will return eventually anyway. It's just so weird that you seem to look after your Mac so well yet still have problems.

4. yenko macrumors 6502a

Reeks of bad RAM. :eek: