Computer freezing with certain apps

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dbirider, Sep 8, 2005.

1. dbirider macrumors member

I'm running OS X 10.3.9 I have 1.5Ghz g4 laptop and 1.5gb of ram. I have had it for a little over a year.

Certain programs are freezing my computer for a few seconds before the application quits. The first one that I noticed this with is Yahoo instant messenger(version 2.5.3). This is a program I need to use for a job. I can log on and set up a buddy list fine, but when I try to instant message someone, the window pops up and then quickly freezes. After about 3 seconds the program forces a quit. Can someone help me resolve this problem? I have tried deleting it and re installing it a few times but it always has the same result.

Also One that just started happening to me last week, was windows media player stopped working. When I open up a movie, the media screen pops up and quickly freezes and quits :confused: Gah! What should I do? And now when I try to instal it, the installer does the same thing!!

Someone plese give me advise!
    Thanks.

2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I don't know bout yahoo, but WMP is **** on Mac. I would recommend downloading Adium a free instant messenger and VLC a WMP compatible player. Do a search for these in versiontracker.com

3. dbirider thread starter macrumors member

Awesome! I just downloaded Adium and it's a great program. I would pay for it if it wasn't free. Thanks :D