Computer keeps changing audio output

Discussion in 'macOS' started by supergod, Sep 14, 2005.

1. supergod macrumors 6502

Ever since the iTunes5/Quicktime/Java update I've been having tons of problems with my computer. It wakes from sleep into the blue screen (or sometimes doesn't wake at all), keeps turning it's fans on full and is just generally buggy as hell. Thanks Apple.

Anyways, the latest one is especially annoying. The computer keeps setting my audio out so that the majority of the balance is set to the right speaker. Every once and a while I have to into system prefs and reset it each time, several times a day.

I am very fed up with all of the problems I am having and this one is right pissing me off. I only recently cleaned out my entire comp and reinstalled Tiger and all of my software so that things would work better and I've already got many major problems.

2. supergod thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, no one has anything to say? No one else is having this incredibly annoying problem.

Well, anyways I have a new one and it's a doozy. I don't know how to put it except to say that the finder is broken. Yes, the finder. It is permanently crashed: relaunching it does nothing. Restarting my computer brings it back to life whereupon it crashes again. My computer is now completely useless.

Looks like I am going to have to resintall Tiger again soon. With as much passion as I muster I must say, "Fu** you Apple Computers". I have had one update breaking my computer too many. I was going to buy a Power PC laptop at some point in the next year, but now I am definitely not going to be anything of the sort.