Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
ha ha ha! My wife just told me that the computer lab at the school where she is getting her computer info systems degree became completely malware infested to the point of total unusability (over 50 machines) within 20 minutes. The topic instructor cancelled class and went to the Dean of the college on the spot and demanded a mac-based lab when it comes time to refresh the lab in the spring. The dean agreed (not the first time the lab has been overrun).

While I personally think this is great, I am also disturbed that the malware infestation happened so quickly and easily - really, in a properly maintained lab, that should not happen.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Wow, it's terrible that everything became infected, but seriously Mac's belong in school computer labs. I can't even imagine how many problems there would have been in high school had we used Windows instead.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
Ha i had windows in my school i probably would have found a way to infest the computers myself. hehehe.

Not that hard really just send a virus infested e-mail to one of the stupid teachers that would open that kinda think.

On a serious note though. Cant believed that happened in a lab, you think they would be prepared enough to stop something like that.

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
Too bad it took a complete and total infestation to get them to switch to Macs. I just wish I could see everyone's faces the first time they used the Macs. I know what I looked like!! (three years later and my jaw is STILL on the ground)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.