Computer monitor or regular LCD TV??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JW8725, Oct 12, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I have a mac mini which I use mainly to surf the net, run a small business (accounts and stuff) and itunes mainly. Should I buy a dedicated computer monitor like the DELL 24" that is popular here or a regular LCD television. Below is what I have in mind:

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ps_14206306/100311823.html

Ok so the main thing is the price. This one is just under a grand more expensive than the monitor. Does anyone have any experience with a regular LCD TV connected to a mac?

Just what are the pros / cons??

Thanks

2. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

get a Dell 24"... I have one and it can do EVERYTHING you need...many inputs...amazing clarity...totally worth your money

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

LCD TVs don't really have that terribly high resolution. You might be better off with a good monitor and a PCI (or USB) TV tuner (or connect an old VCR to the composite video input if the monitor has one). Dell monitors are good for having tons of inputs (most of their current monitors have VGA, DVI, composite/S-video and component).

4. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Agreed. ;) :)

6. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I'd say it depends on what you want to do. The Dell LCD is great if all you want to do is use it as a computer monitor. However, if you want to watch TV on the same screen I'd go for the Samsung tv. The resolution is fine for what you're planning on doing, just make sure you sit nice and far from the screen! :D

7. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I just got into digital photograhpy. About to buy a Canon EOS 350D SLR. Suppose the regular LCD is out of the question now then? Looks like Dell for me I think??