Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wes Jordan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I turn on the speech tools occasionaly to use the voice commands, just for fun. When it is turned off however, the computer still says "excuse me" when the notification for the reserve battery power turns on. I don't know how to fix this. I have many times tried changing the settings for the speech tools. How can I fix this?

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Finder ---> System Preferences -> Speech

Unclick Announce when Alerts are played, and Announce when application requires attention.

I use TTS a great deal, this should be where it is. Also, lengthen time until alert is played.

A second possibility is another battery utility may be using UA TTS to alert you.

Wes Jordan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Eniregnat said:
Finder ---> System Preferences -> Speech

Unclick Announce when Alerts are played, and Announce when application requires attention.

I use TTS a great deal, this should be where it is. Also, lengthen time until alert is played.

A second possibility is another battery utility may be using UA TTS to alert you.

It was unchecked...thats the strange part. I deleted all the alert phrases, so now hopefully that should help it it doesn't know anything to say! Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.