computer very laggy after game play

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by slipper, Dec 26, 2003.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

Nov 19, 2003
    my iBook seems to get very laggy after playing Halo for say an hour. to the point where i litterally cant play anymore. even after i quit the game, its still laggy. just happened to me a couple minutes ago so im gonna try restarting the computer.

also i know that my computer needs more RAM for Halo to function properly. i only have 256mb RAM but this problem doesnt seem to be a RAM problem. does anyone know what could be wrong?

*edit* 10 minutes later, without restarting, my computer seems to be better. could it be a problem with overheating? the fan didnt go on and my A/C is on.
  2. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    No, it's swapping because of your low memory. It takes a while for all the swapping to get cleared out. Once you add more memory this problem will be taken care of.
  3. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Almere, The Netherlands
    It's probably ram related. Your ram is "full" with stuff from Halo, or another game, and needs to clear this first. This doesn't happen immediatly, but takes a minute of ten. My brother in law has a progrom for it on his windoos pc. I believe it's from Norton, which monitors everything. It overwrites the ram that was used from the program that was shut down.