Computer Won't Sleep

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by cocopelli, Dec 25, 2003.

1. cocopelli macrumors member

I don't know if this has already been posted or if anyone else has had this problem. Finally got panther the other day, get everything installed and its all goin great right. Ok time to sleep log out and hit the sleep button and the computer goes to sleep only to imediatly wake up. Its like its trying to power nap or somthing. Any way has anyone else had this problem? Right now Im just turning off the monitor so I dont burn it but, its really kinda a nusance. Any help???

By the way dont know if it matters but its a Rev A Power Mac G4 400, with 768 megs of RAM.

thanx for the help

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Modern monitors don't burn in, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I agree about 3rd party mice. I've had the same problem.

4. cocopelli thread starter macrumors member

still wont sleep

I tried uninstalling the drivers, well I think I did. I just trashed everything that came up in the search for "Mouseworks" or "Kensington". Still wouldnt sleep even withe the mouse disconnected. Also as far as the monitor goes I don't how modern I need to have but Im using a 17in Studio Display from the original Power Mac G4 days. The display burned out about two years ago and was rebuilt so the screen is relatively new. Any way thanx for the help.

5. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

I am work right now, so I don't know where exactly, but I think if you poke around with the network or energy saver pane you'll see something about the network and sleep. Maybe there is a funky option clicked on by default.

6. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

What other goodies do you have plugged into your Mac? I've had USB/sleep issues in Jaguar.

When I said a modern monitor I meant a non-interlaced CRT or an LCD. So that would be anything in the last 10 years at least.

7. cocopelli thread starter macrumors member

Yeyyyyyy it works now :) :) :) :)

Hey thanx guys for the help. Turns out it was an old super disk drive hooked up the the USB hub. Thats kinda weird eh? Oh well works now. thanx again