Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
i have installed Parallels, and windows XP (i know, i know...) and at the end of the instalation, i got the message that windows would reboot, but then OSX rebooted, and after that i got stuck at the "you need the restart your computer, keep the power button pressed for several seconds or press the reatrt button" and everytime i turn the computer on i get the same message over and over again. i tried using the instalation disc 1+"C" key so i could reinstall OSX, but then i get stuck at a blue screen (the one that appears when the computer starts). Please help me! im getting desperate
Macbook Intel C2D 2.00GHz 1GB RAM

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
i have installed Parallels, and windows XP (i know, i know...) and at the end of the instalation, i got the message that windows would reboot, but then OSX rebooted, and after that i got stuck at the "you need the restart your computer, keep the power button pressed for several seconds or press the reatrt button" and everytime i turn the computer on i get the same message over and over again. i tried using the instalation disc 1+"C" key so i could reinstall OSX, but then i get stuck at a blue screen (the one that appears when the computer starts). Please help me! im getting desperate
Macbook Intel C2D 2.00GHz 1GB RAM

How long did you let it stay on the "blue screen?" I remember a similar problem where it seemed to be doing nothing but I left it when I left the house and came back a few hours later and it was good to go.

Otherwise, do you have aanother disk you can start up from (external or DVD, whatever)? Startup from there and check the original disk. Try that instead of trying to reinstall right off.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
do you have aanother disk you can start up from (external or DVD, whatever)?
what do you mean by anouther disk? like an external hard drive? if it's that how do i startup from there?

apb3

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2006
PTSD therapy
what do you mean by anouther disk? like an external hard drive? if it's that how do i startup from there?

yes. external HD would be fine as lng as you have a working system installed.

check this out for starup key combos:

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/03/27/tuaw-tip-keyboard-shortcuts-during-mac-os-x-startup/

Basically, for starters:

"C" will starup from a CD w/ a system folder on it.

option - (eventually) brings up a screen with startup volume choices

Option-Command-Shift-Delete - Bypass primary startup volume and seek a different startup volume (such as a CD or external disk)

hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.