Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEugene

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
AZ
Hello I had a question that perhaps someone here can help me with.

On my Windows PC a long while back I would use Windows Movie Maker to make "music videos" as I called them. Normally they were anime videos that I clipped scenes together and placed a song over it. I haven't done this in over two years.

Since getting my Intel iMac and seeing iMovie, I haven't really touched it, but have heard that it puts Windows Movie Maker to shame. I have had no experience with it other than messing around with some built in iSight things. Recently I started getting back into an anime and really wanted to make a music video to it however I have a problem.

Both files (two large, 2 hour files) are both in .avi format. When I transferred them to iMovie (click and drag) it took about 2 hours to copy, and then wouldn't play any of the files.

Must the files be in Quicktime format? Or is there another way I can get them in. I really want to try to make a video.

Thanks in advance.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Do they play in QuickTime Player? If not, you'll need to find QuickTime components for the codecs used (try DivX if you don't already have it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.