Condiments to Administrators

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Rhobes, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

I'm a newbe here on this site. I have done searches for the most part and got all the info I needed. I don't post often except when I'm in a hurry & have to run, then hope to have some suggestions when I log back in. My experiences here have been great.

I have to admit I was a little taken back by what I saw under my name today "Crying Boy". I guess I don't understand how it got there/how it's decided upon &/or if I have any input about it. I've already spent too much time trying to remove it. I uploaded an Avatar in the profile area to try & displace it but I see I can't use it. If I could enter two words under my name I would have done much better than that. You can definitly call me a cry baby now, although what I did to deserve that designation I'll never know. I don't see anyone else with this designation so I'm stumped, guess I'll look for another Mac related site where I can lurk and not be ridiculed for no apparent reason-or is this some April Fool thing?

I would appreciate any comment.....
    Rhobes

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Doncha think?

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It's a prank for April's Fool. Usually, you'd just be listed as a newbie until you hit 30(?) posts. You don't get an avatar until you reach 500 posts or become a Matey in today's parlance.

As you probably know from your past reading/lurking, we're a pretty friendly bunch tho generally fairly anti-pirate so don't take it personally - and we'll see you again when the ship returns to port...

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

ye be in big trouble now matey, those who aren't savvy must walk the plank! arrrrrr....

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

being a crying boy here at (arrrrrharrrrrr) macrumors is better than being a Captain at a windoze forum any day....

To the brig with the scurvey dig..! Arrrrrrrrr!

7. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes

O.K, O.K- I'll do anything, just don't make me Captain of a windows forum!! Surely walking that plank is a better fate.

But, you know what would Really be an April fool to me would be giving me my Avatar for today, hey, it's already uploaded! :rolleyes:

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Condiments?

Aha -- I suspect more japery and wizard wheezes from the merry pranksters that dwell amongst us.

:)

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Perhaps, we could go to Long John Silvers and get some Chicken Planks to go with our condiments. That should be punishment enough. :D

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

And a mighty welcome to MacRumors, Rhobes! 'tis a fine addition t' the crew y'll make. Once midnight burns o'er the seven seas and we be landlubbers again, we hopes ye can overcome the shock o' arriving on this a-cursed day.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Arrrr, 'twill put the server in a jam, 'twill.

...Or would that be peanut buttarrrrr...

12. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

My brain hurt trying to read that. Arr.... guh....

13. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Ahhhh........

I new day, and a good wind. Raisin' my sails for "the Horn".

Rhobes :cool: