Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Shouldn't this:

Over 1,200 volunteers from the length and breadth of the country had their penises measured precisely, down to the last millimetre.

read:

me said:
Over 1,200 volunteers from the country had the length and breadth of their penises measured precisely, down to the last millimetre.

:D

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Over 1,200 volunteers from the length and breadth of the country had their penises measured precisely, down to the last millimetre.

What did the researchers do to the volunteers to get them ready for measurement? :confused:

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
:confused: ????????????;)

To elucidate, I quote from a Columbia sexuality website:

"

Dear Alice,

So what is the average width of a penis? Does bigger the width equal better the pleasure? Just curious!

Sincerely, Curious Virgin

Dear Curious Virgin,

"It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it..."
"It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean..."
"Don't want no short, short man..."

It's no wonder that with all of the confusing messages out there, you've got questions about what really matters in the end. To answer your first question, back in the late 1940s, the Kinsey Institute published data on penis length and width that clocked the average penis length at 5.5 - 6 inches and the average penis width (circumference) at 4 - 5 inches. After cracking open a geometry book, Alice calculates that to be a diameter (distance across) of about 1.25 - 1.6 inches, a width about equivalent to an empty roll of scotch tape.

So then to the question of girth and pleasure: many women and men will tell you that it's not so much the length of the penis, but the width that matters in the long run. In many ways, this is true. The majority of the nerves that are stimulated during penetration (both the vaginal and anal varieties) are located close to the entrance of the vagina and anus. This makes length less important and width that much greater a factor since it is the stretching of the vaginal or anal walls that stimulates the nerves. On the other hand, as with penis length, preference for a knockwurst over a hot dog is not universal. Some recipients report a penchant for a leaner penis, commenting that a too-wide member is more difficult to work around than one that is too narrow.

Does size really matter, then? Is length the last word on the matter? Or, is width where it's at? Or, some perfect combination of both? And, what about that infamous angle argument? After all is said and done, what matters most to the person on the other end of the equation is not the penis itself, but the skill, caring, and passion of the individual attached to it. But don't take Alice's word for it. For more testimonials to the same, check out the Related Q&As listed below.

Alice "

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
What did the researchers do to the volunteers to get them ready for measurement? :confused:
Showed them pictures of jugs

both_jugs_6.jpg

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
To elucidate, I quote from a Columbia sexuality website:

"

Dear Alice,

So what is the average width of a penis? Does bigger the width equal better the pleasure? Just curious!

Sincerely, Curious Virgin

Dear Curious Virgin,

"It's not how big it is, it's what you do with it..."
"It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean..."
"Don't want no short, short man..."

It's no wonder that with all of the confusing messages out there, you've got questions about what really matters in the end. To answer your first question, back in the late 1940s, the Kinsey Institute published data on penis length and width that clocked the average penis length at 5.5 - 6 inches and the average penis width (circumference) at 4 - 5 inches. After cracking open a geometry book, Alice calculates that to be a diameter (distance across) of about 1.25 - 1.6 inches, a width about equivalent to an empty roll of scotch tape.

So then to the question of girth and pleasure: many women and men will tell you that it's not so much the length of the penis, but the width that matters in the long run. In many ways, this is true. The majority of the nerves that are stimulated during penetration (both the vaginal and anal varieties) are located close to the entrance of the vagina and anus. This makes length less important and width that much greater a factor since it is the stretching of the vaginal or anal walls that stimulates the nerves. On the other hand, as with penis length, preference for a knockwurst over a hot dog is not universal. Some recipients report a penchant for a leaner penis, commenting that a too-wide member is more difficult to work around than one that is too narrow.

Does size really matter, then? Is length the last word on the matter? Or, is width where it's at? Or, some perfect combination of both? And, what about that infamous angle argument? After all is said and done, what matters most to the person on the other end of the equation is not the penis itself, but the skill, caring, and passion of the individual attached to it. But don't take Alice's word for it. For more testimonials to the same, check out the Related Q&As listed below.

Alice "

:) the last paragraph puts a wrap on this entire thread and makes perfect sense.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Since when is width the same as circumference? Width is diameter in my book. A diameter of 4-5 inches... Now that would be something. With that I wouldn't be here - I'd be drowning in bare naked ladies :)

I guess so. Unfortunately, I haven't had any practice in my entire lifetime.
Wot, you're a
virgin_logo.gif
?

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
Since when is width the same as circumference? Width is diameter in my book. A diameter of 4-5 inches... Now that would be something. With that I wouldn't be here - I'd be drowning in bare naked ladies :)

Wot, you're a
virgin_logo.gif
?

I second that. Wibth is crossection which is diameter.
:D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.