Confirmed: Adobe To Launch CS3 On March 27th

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 5, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Adobe has confirmed to Macworld.co.uk that it will launch Adobe Creative Suite 3 on March 27th at a special event in New York.

Adobe had previously launched a beta version of Photoshop CS3, which preliminary benchmarks indicated substantial performance gains on Intel based hardware.

The launch date was previously floated by a Merrill Lynch analyst Jay Vleeschhouwer, however AppleInsider also deserves credit for having called an early release as early as October 2006.

2. macrumors 68020

bring it on!

Cool.
    Now I am wondering if will Apple wait for Leopard to announce the new octo-core MacPro?

3. macrumors regular

SoldOutMatinee

4. macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

5. macrumors 603

mrkramer

You can get ti from Adobe's site I think, but you have to already own CS2

6. macrumors 6502a

Maccus Aurelius

Sweet! I can't wait to replace CS2 with this on my Macbook. It really needs the UB.

7. macrumors regular

best! News! EVAR!

Also you can get the Photoshop CS3 beta at http://labs.adobe.com All other betas have only been released privately to beta testers.

8. macrumors newbie

smellslikedan

Its about time! Now all we have to wait for is the new Mac Pro.

9. macrumors 6502a

i wonder if a UB flash will be part of the initial roll-out? that's the only thing keeping me from getting an intel mac.

i hope, though am extremely doubtful, that adobe's interface and QA pixies got their hands on flash and it's not a simple relabel. that app is pants.

10. macrumors 6502

jonharris200

Will the full product offer new features that the beta didn't have? Apart from stability, obviously.

11. macrumors 6502a

technocoy

I wonder if this will include new versions of the Macromedia apps as well. It would be nice to have a new flash that works smoothly with Photoshop and illustrator.

12. macrumors 6502a

superleccy

13. macrumors 68000

crees!

What's the word on Flash? I hear PSD into Flash integration isn't what it *should* be.

14. macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I currently own Dreamweaver Studio 8 (flash/dreamweaver/freehand/fireworks) and Adobe Creative Suite 1 (photoshop/illustrator/acrobat/golive/indesign), I just hope the upgrade price isn't too high.

15. macrumors 601

Yvan256

Too expensive

I wish they still sold ImageReady as a separate product. Not everyone needs all the software included in their CS suite.

16. Moderator emeritus

devilot

While this is fantastic news overall, I'm bummed 'cause it doesn't leave me enough time to save up the $. :eek:

17. macrumors 6502

I hope that the student bundle comes out at the same time. I'm only a student for 2 more months, and besides the vastly reduced price, I could really use the software on my MacBook for the rest of the term - I've been concerned about the speed reductions under Rosetta.

Does anyone know whether student versions normally come out at the same time or later than the main release?

18. macrumors newbie

Cs4

Am I going to have to wait till CS4 to have them integrate the Macromedia apps?

19. macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Oh boy, this is gonna cost me. Its good to know about it in advance though, that way I can slowly introduce my girlfriend to it.

Its weird, its my money but I have to debate every cent I spent on computer stuff. That girl has me wrapped around her pinky. Any of you guys have the same 'problem'?

20. macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Isn't ImageReady part of PS, which you can buy separately?

21. macrumors 68030

This is excellent news! :D March 27th isn't far off at all.

22. macrumors P6

Peace

For all you nay-sayers do you really think Adobe would release CS3 March 27th not knowing if it would run smoothly on Leopard?..

That cat's a lot closer than you think.

23. macrumors regular

They appear to have applied the new CS3 UI to it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswigginton/244263283/ I'm hoping the same for Dreamweaver.

24. macrumors G5

nagromme

Just give me a bundle with:

Photoshop
    Dreamweaver
    Flash
    Director
    Contribute
    Freehand, or Illustrator with robust Freehand import

25. macrumors 6502

In PS CS3 it has been discontinued. Some of the features were rolled into PS and a new app called device central is included, which is basically used to convert to file formats as used by cell phines, etc.