Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Arn,

Could you swap out the display on the iPad 2 with this one?? I don't know if/how it would work but it would be cool to see what happens.... right??

- Joe

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; TITAN X310e))

Can't wait to see what GPU and CPU are powering this thing.
If 2560 x 1600 is something that brings flagship video cards to their knees, how is an iPad going to compare?

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Never forget the rulebook:
http://homepage.mac.com/bhoglund/forumFudsters.html

”2. Focus & keep the discussion focused on the few things they claim is best for you, i.e., keep hammering it. If it (what they FUD against) doesn't come in blue, then blue is the most important thing! Stress BLUE; repeat over and over how important it is to have BLUE!“

(However, my iPad 2 does have HDMI out... although it needs a cable. As HDMI always does... unlike AirPlay which my iPad 2 also has :p )

Youre telling me that apple products DONT get praise no matter what and the other competing products are given credit in all areas?

The reality is, over the last 10 years in the mobile/portable devices world, there have been LOTS of superior products that went unnoticed.

Take Cowon iAudio mp3 players. They trumped iPods in every area.

But hey, to you this is fud. To everyone else who thinks rationally, its fanboyism and bias.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; TITAN X310e))

Can't wait to see what GPU and CPU are powering this thing.

I wouldn't expect anything less than Quad Core for both. What a waste if the GPU remains largely the same following the (near enough) conformation of Retina.

Matt-M

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2009
Nashua, NH
Arn,

Could you swap out the display on the iPad 2 with this one?? I don't know if/how it would work but it would be cool to see what happens.... right??

iPad 2 has two cables going to the display, this has three. Don't think it would work.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Arn,

out of our area of expertise. we'll ask the ifixit guys. but, ya, as mentioned above, the data cable are different.

arn

katanna

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
It's not "Confirmed" until it comes out of Tim Cook's (or Jony Ive's) mouth.

Matthew

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Arn, I am starting a company that makes fake preproduction Apple parts. Contact me if you need the case fan for the next Mac Pro. (Note: we also make fake artifacts from UFOs.)

ok, make me a retina display.

arn

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Such a screen should be able to display much sharper images as compared to the previous generation iPads.

I'd say it's a virtual certainty that the screen is going to outperform the iPad 2, all other tablets are going to look dull in comparison unless they can do something similar in a short period of time.

It's a good thing that I set my iMac back about 2 feet, the pixels are pretty much unnoticeable from that distance.

I'm hoping that the next gen iMac has a 30" retina display.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
As pissed as Apple might be that this leaked out, I have to say- I will be setting aside money that I would be spending on something else to buy this now!!!! :D

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
ok, make me a retina display.

arn

I will talk to the guys in the space alien division. I am sure we can come up with something, however, I don't think you will like the price.

PS. Just so I don't disappoint with the bad joke, "Poof, you are a Retina Display."

Collected

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
It's not "Confirmed" until it comes out of Tim Cook's (or Jony Ive's) mouth.

Matthew

I'm hoping Tim starts things off and then hands over to Jony for the physical product reveals. I think Jony is closer to Steve in terms of stage presence and being able to really make people appreciate the effort that has gone into products.

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
I'm hoping Tim starts things off and then hands over to Jony for the physical product reveals. I think Jony is closer to Steve in terms of stage presence and being able to really make people appreciate the effort that has gone into products.

I am hoping they hand it off to the new Apple robot. (Not to be confused with the iRobot.)

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Has there been any confirmation that it will also be quad core? I'm keeping my toes crossed for quad core and LTE.

budselectjr

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Minnesota

and the product sounds more elegant because of his accent. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.