Confused about Anti-Glare protectors from SGP and PS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by charlesdayton, Nov 15, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

I have always used Crystal protectors (from cheap to PS crystal). Now I am using my phone outdoors more and wold like to reduce reflections.

I am confused with the available offerings . I have read separate reviews but not a comparison I would like to know which one of these will cause the less impact on screen clarity:

SGP Ultra Fine
    SGP Matte
    PS HD Anti-Glare

I was also considering the SGP Ultra Optics, but some people report they are hard to clean and don't offer much glare protection.

2. macrumors 6502

I can attest to the Ultra Optics being royally meh. It cleans up fine, but it isn't anti-glare enough and you can still see fingerprints like normal, it only really minimizes smudges... it's just not a good product imo :\

The SGP Matte is too matte imo, it really hampers the retina display a bit too much for my liking personally.

Now, the Ultra Fine and PS HD AntiGlare are exactly the same.. well to me anyways. My gf got the HD AntiGlare from the Apple Store while I finally ended with the Ultra Fine and they both feel the same. Though the PS HD AntiGlare seems to be cut a little bit more open around the home button, otherwise it's exactly the same.

I'd say go for the Ultra Matte or the HD AntiGlare, whichever is cheaper at the time of purchase, you'll be extremely happy with either one, they're both excellent protectors ^_^

3. macrumors 6502a

Thanks!

Your opinion on the Ultra optics reflects what I read before, some people say they are the worst of both worlds. Not enough anti reflective or fingerprint protection yet not as clear as a crystal.

I will go with the SGP Ultra Fine as I need to get some accessories from them.

4. macrumors 68020

I'm looking for front and back screen protection that can be used with my Otterbox Defender so I'm able to switch to Apple Bumper on weekends.

Will the SGP Ultra fine work with Defender?

Does SGP make back protection as well that both front and back will fit in Defender?

5. macrumors 6502a

6. macrumors 68020

7. macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

I was gonna get this with the glidecase

10. macrumors 68020

Can somebody describe what the Ultra fine is. I'm wanting to use full body and /or just front and back with my Otterbox Defender on weekdays because of my job and switch out to Apple Bumper on weekends.

11. macrumors 6502a

See the first two messages in this thread.

12. macrumors 68040

Thumbs up for SGP Ultra fine.
    Been using for a while.
    Great protector.

13. charlesdayton, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

macrumors 6502a

Another question:

How does the SGP/PS anti-glare compare to the cheaper ones like Switcheasy, Brando and Boxwave?