Confused about Bluetooth mouse - MX900

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sigamy, Oct 19, 2005.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    I currently have a Logitech MX700 wireless mouse. This mouse uses RF wireless. I just got a new bluetooth phone and the D-link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth adapter. Now, I want to add more bluetooth devices to eliminate cable clutter.

So, can I get the Logitech MX900? It seems that this includes a bluetooth hub. But I've read that this doesn't work with Macs, so I guess I'd still need my D-link. Is that correct?

My MX700's cradle plugs into a USB port. Then the AC adapter plugs into the the top of the USB port. Does anyone know if the MX900's cradle has to be plugged into a USB port? If I have the dlink adapter, the mouse should pair up to the mac with that, then I can just put the cradle on the floor and use it for charging. Right?
  2. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2005
    I wouldn't go with the MX900, because you have to use the cradle to charge it. Try and fine a bluetooth mouse either with no dongle/cradle, or with a dongle you can toss in a drawer and forget about.
  3. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Sydney Australia

The MX 900 is a pretty good mouse - I have one. To enable charging, there is an external ac adapter that is supplied. The usb cable is to connect the cradle / hub to your Mac. Although the actual charging station is a bluetooth hub, it won't work with your Mac.

So yes - you can just put the cradle on the floor and use it for charging while using the 120 as your bluetooth hub.