Confused about setting up Blue Tooth mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Clix Pix, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    First I tried setting up my wireless RF mouse on my new PB; no go. Gave up that idea and the next time I was at the store bought a Microsoft Blue Tooth Explorer mouse, as I'd seen several people recommend it on here. It's not working either. The setup program isn't finding it so I can't do anything. I tried plugging the little dongle into a USB port and that did nothing except to prevent me from using my trackpad, so I unplugged it again. I'm assuming that there is something I'm missing here. Obviously since this is a Mac and not a PC I cannot install the software which came with the device and I would think that I don't need to do that anyway. ?? So what am I missing here, what am I not doing or doing incorrectly?

I'm frustrated, as I want a BT mouse for my PB, or barring that, at least I'd like to be able to use a wireless RF USB mouse, but neither seems to be working. My wired Mighty Mouse does work, thank goodness, but I'd really rather not have to buy another one of them and I don't want to keep unplugging it from my iMac. I want wireless convenience on my PB!

Anyone have some suggestions to offer, some guidance? Thanks!

OTB

2. Clix Pix thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    OK, I think I'm in business now

I did some research and discovered the tiny little button on the underside of the mouse, pushed that and voila! Then I was able to set up the mouse in the setup assistant and it looks as though I'm good to go...

OTB

3. Aliquis macrumors regular

Aliquis

I had the same flipping problem with a Logitech keyboard. Go figure.

4. EricBrian macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

Did you guys read that little manual that came with the devices before you tried?