Confused with e-commerce. Need basic solution.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by P-S-3, Sep 19, 2006.

1. P-S-3 macrumors member

Well, I am trying to make a website for a small business. I basically need a "shopping cart" and checkout feature preferibaly in HTML so I can put it into my iWeb website. I don't want a "create your website in seconds!" I have a website I just need the e-commerce part. I tried paypal and it confuses me. I created a business account and got thier shopping cart to work with my iWeb site (using iWeb Enhancer), but it is ugle because it takes you too paypals site and it makes you go through the fuss of getting a paypal account before you can pay with a credit card. And Paypals "Pro" Shopping cart needs experience with all sorts of code and such, probably not useful with iWeb.

I just need people to be able to order multiple items of my site, and enter thier credit crad, and be done. IDK if i need a "gateway" to my credit card company or what. If anyone can point me to a shopping cart software that works with basic HTML so I can put it into iWeb, it would rock.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've no idea about that. But I'm running a site for a model, and she wanted a site, then a shop so we spent ages trying to work Paypal into it. From what I've found Paypal is very good. Theres another similar solution at BMT Micro (Sorry, I have no address, it was just something I found about a year ago).