Confusing Roxio Toast Question/Discussion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reykjavik, Sep 13, 2004.

1. reykjavik macrumors 6502

Aug 31, 2004
    Ill try to make this as simple as possible, also, I have the latest version (6.0.7) of Toast:

I have a PAL dvd. I would like to make it a NTSC DVD. Toast, under its "Video" tab, allows you to choose which mode youd like to burn in. This option is NOT present under its "Copy" tab. How do I do this?

Subpoint - For some reason, when I insert the PAL dvd, it does not show up anywhere in the finder or desktop. I can play it via VLC Video Player, but nothing else acknowledges that it exists. Is there a UNIX command of some sort that will get it to show up on the desktop? Any suggestions?
  2. kgarner macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2004
    I think you will have to rip it onto the computer and then re-encode it. I'm not an expert on this stuff, but I pretty sure that it is more complicated than selecting NTSC in Toast and copying it onto a new DVD.
  3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Very different...

Different resolutions and different framerates. Not sure of any affordable mac based software that can do this conversion.

Good luck to you.
  4. live4ever macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2003
    Thunder Bay, ON
    Try mpeg2works, it worked for me doing a PAL to NTSC video but I haven't tried a whole DVD ever, there's a great forum for support if you need further help.