Congratulations Team Mac OS X - #1 Mac Folding Team

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Rower_CPU, May 26, 2004.

1. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Let's all take a moment to acknowledge the great effort on the part of Team Mac OS X to regain their position as the #1 Mac F@H team. We took the crown from them back in June of 2003 and they've steadily come back since then. They passed us at about 4:30PM PDT today and there may be some back and forth as results come in, but their output far exceeds ours right now.

Good job Noah and crew! :)

That said, get to working recruiting and see if we can't take the title right back. ;)

2. cjc343 macrumors 6502

Good job.

Anyone know how many computers running at 2.6 ghz we would need to get an extra 30,000 points a day?

3. Sailfish macrumors regular

Let's see if I remember your answer when I said waaayyyyy back that Team Mac OS X was catching up.

oh yea

:D

4. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Yes, congrats to Team OS X...the more Mac teams in the top 20 the better....

5. Mustang Mac macrumors regular

Depends on the processor. A conservative estimate would give you about 60 points per day for each processor (physical or virtual) depending on the units handed out. Roughly 500 computers. Start calling all your friends and enemas! ;)

6. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Couldn't figure out where else to post this, so ill post it here.

just started my first WU. ;D

Yay! :)

7. familyte macrumors member

Welcome to the fold. Thanks for the contribution! Its all to the Good. :)

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Congratulations not only to them but to every Macintosh user who participates in a better future for us all.

9. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i wish i could have been helping with some more points, but for the past few days i have been stuck with some huge tinkers (?) on both my procs. hopefully after those finish up, i will be adding points again for a while on a daily basis.

10. Rower_CPU thread starter Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Just a reminder for those with #1 in your signatures, please update those in a timely fashion. :)

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I just noticed the change to #19, it confused me at first. Was looking in #18 without seeing the name, then couldn't find my name. That is when I noticed the name change. I very confident that we will regain the title once again.

By the way where is the banner, I think that would help recruiting if we were putting it out.

12. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

We will be back on top again. Although we seem to have lost some steam from some of the people at the top. Where has all the power gone?

13. Rower_CPU thread starter Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Some of our big folders from the past moved to new jobs and had to leave labs behind, from what I understand. As for mc68k and I, we're stuck waiting for hardware updates on a less than optimistic CSU budget. :(

Sounds like you'll keep us going for a while with your new possibilities. ;)

14. cazlar macrumors 6502

Congrats to Team Mac OS X. I've just begun folding (for macrumors of course), and just finished my first WU today, with a second nearly done (now installed on a G4 iMac and G3 iMac fulltime, and on my G4 PB whenever it's awake). It's not much, but every bit counts I guess!

15. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

The good thing is that even if I leave the folding should continue. The idea is that it will become a life of it's own so that it keeps on going no matter who is running things. We'll have to see. My daily rate keeps moving up though. You gotta love that!

16. NoahJ macrumors newbie

Thanks Rower_CPU! We will be watching your team as it shrinks in the rear view, and try to keep that gap from closing. I know you will give us another run for our money, the question is, will it be enough? ;)

17. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Yes it will, you can count on that. The only question is when... Congrats Team OS X, may you enjoy while it lasts!

18. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Mustang Mac, I have to admit, your post where funny, I laughed a lot the last couple of days! I hope I didn't offend you when taunting back!

Congratulations again, Dreadnought

19. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

20. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

21. cjc343 macrumors 6502

I'm not seeing much... but looking at your ExtremeOverclocking stats tells me that we are very happy to have you folding for macrumors..... that is a BIG jump.

Keep up the GREAT work....

22. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

I'm giving it all she's got Cap'n. My 1.25 GHz PB has been chewing rather vigorously on the same protien for the past 3 days (and it's still only 60% done). I've slipped a few spaces in the individual standings.

23. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I feel so inadequate. My little G4-500 just giot hammered with my 3rd Tinker. They take 12-14 days to complete, but at least its 128 points.

24. Rower_CPU thread starter Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

No need to feel bad. I think it's great that we've got people dedicated to the project and giving it their best shot, regardless of folding power. :)