congression report finds cheney still has financial ties to halliburton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 25, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

http://money.cnn.com/2003/09/25/news/companies/cheney/index.htm

and what of motive on the part of the administration to award iraq contracts to halliburton?
    something stinks. i seem to remember bush promising his administration would avoid "even the appearance of impropriety" and then making staffers sign such a document.

was it for a real purpose or just PR?

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow, that could turn ugly, particularly since Cheney went to such lengths to say he'd had no ties w/Halliburton for nigh on three years now.

I even saw the mainstream press (CNN and MSNBC so far) pick up on the story about Powell and Rice saying Saddam had no WMD capability as recently as recently as Spring '01.

Trouble abrewin....

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Zim, funny how this goes so well with the last thread you started. You know, the one about the Houston exec with ties to Halliburton getting the job to oversee the oil industry in Iraq. One might even say that there is a pattern starting to emerge from this adminstration's actions. Not that the Congress or the Justice Department will notice.

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

the extended-family nepotism is so transparent i want to scream. it's like they think no one will really care, and there are some (desertrat?) who will defend it.

this is OUR MONEY they're spending, they're inventing jobs and then giving it to their friends at whatever price they ask. it's sickening.

according to abcnews, bush's $87 billion request allocates more money for iraqi prisons and homeland defense than the US spends on itself! why? is it because bush's friends companies would actually have to bid on the work in the US?

rant over.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Let's not forget that Bush would never even be president on his own, if his father hadn't paved the way, and his father before him. Not to mention that somehow the Bush family managed to get another member elected govenor of Florida.

8. Pinto macrumors newbie

The US is controlled by a rich elite and they stay that way by stealing your money.

9. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

10. Pinto macrumors newbie