Connect 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by JonMan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. JonMan macrumors member

Hello all,

I'm trying to hook my laptop -- macbook CD -- up to my Xbox 360. As of now, I am plugging the 360 directly into my modem to go online.

Can someone tell me what I need (i.e. a wired/wireless router) to stream songs onto the 360 via "connect 360" software (which is already installed and ready to go)?

Thanks,
    JonMan

2. gmr04 macrumors newbie

You have only one realistic option.

While you can share your internet connection of your laptop with your xbox for xbox live, it is my understanding that you will not be able to share your music/videos/pictures with your xbox unless you are working with a LAN setup. In order to do this, you need a router/wireless access point (ala basestation) connected to your modem. From there its pretty simple. The most trusty way to stream is to buy a wireless router for your mac (assuming it has an airport card) and then directly connect your xbox via ethernet cable to the router. This provides the most reliable connection for the xbox.

Be sure to purchase an "xbox approved" router. You can purchase most and set them up, but M$ won't acknowledge their functionality.

Look on the Xbox forums for port info to forward for xbox live.

3. JonMan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much for the response! It's just a little annoying, as I currently have an airport with airtunes, which, as you probably know, only has 1 ethernet port (which is required by the modem).

Thanka ayways though!

JonMan

4. ericsthename macrumors regular

I would definitely say go for the xbox wireless adapter. not only will you be able to put your 360 wherever you please, but its always easiest when both your computer and the xbox are communicating via the same means (aka both wired, or both wireless). That has been my experience anyhow.:)

by the way, connect360 is a great app - your xbox wont know the damn difference between your mac and the "windows based pc" it thinks is there :D