Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xusoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Hi,

I can view image with an MiniDP-HDMI adaptor, but it doesn't get audio out through TV speakers with a jack 3.5 cable... I think it's because of the TV cause it works on another TV, smaller. It's a Samsung LE40C550.. and I guess it can't get audio from another source not hdmi. There is any solution?

PD: It's a MacBook Unibody late 2008.

Thanks ;)

rdeloviar

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2010
So you got miniDP-HDMI to pass audio to another monitor? Is this a OS X update that lets the miniDP pass audio? I too have a MBP and Samsung set up. I'm using miniDP-DVI w/miniplug to miniplug for audio. Waiting to see if you get this to work before I go buy cables:)

xusoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
So you got miniDP-HDMI to pass audio to another monitor? Is this a OS X update that lets the miniDP pass audio? I too have a MBP and Samsung set up. I'm using miniDP-DVI w/miniplug to miniplug for audio. Waiting to see if you get this to work before I go buy cables:)

What? No, just the opposite. I can't get the adaptor to pass audio to the TV...

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
miniDP stands for mini DISPLAY PORT. there is no audio.

for audio use the headphone jack with mini stereo to rca or toslink digital cable if your TV will accomodate.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Hi,

I can view image with an MiniDP-HDMI adaptor, but it doesn't get audio out through TV speakers with a jack 3.5 cable... I think it's because of the TV cause it works on another TV, smaller. It's a Samsung LE40C550.. and I guess it can't get audio from another source not hdmi. There is any solution?

PD: It's a MacBook Unibody late 2008.

Thanks ;)

for audio use the headphone jack with mini stereo to rca or toslink digital cable if your TV will accomodate.

Your computer won't output audio through MDP->HDMI, only the latest revision MBPs do that.

Moomba

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Charlotte, NC
My 2010 MBP refuses to recognize my Samsung LCD using a mDP>HDMI adapter. Works fine on my Mitsubishi rear projection tho. It makes me a sad panda.

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
A bit OT, but the 2008/2009 Macbooks should support audio over mDP in hardware as we were told the mDP is pin-for-pin compatible with DP and DP has supported audio since v1.0 (VESA states all mDP must support DP v1.1 standards which definitely supports audio).

Of course, if it doesn't support audio in hardware, we've all got a pretty good case to get a full refund for being mis-sold the product (in the EU at any rate)!

xusoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010

Only on early 2010 Macbooks, I know.

I tried with jack to jack and jack to rca... and nothing. there is no audio... and my TV doesn't have optical audio input (only, output)

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.