Connect to Visual Source Safe from my Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by e2interactive, Mar 14, 2004.

1. e2interactive macrumors newbie

e2interactive

At my work they are useing Visual Source Safe. I need to use it. I am on a PowerBook G4 running 10.3.2. Is there a mac solution to connect to the VSS server? If there is, is there any other solution for this type of software? I would love some suggestions but it would need to be for both Mac and PC. Since at my work there are both Mac and PC.

2. gbojim macrumors 6502

Although I don't personally use this, my understanding is you can install a handler that will allow VSS access via web browser from any platform.

The cross platform system we use is CVS.

3. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Wow. If there is *any* way the first two posters can convince their companies to switch to modern version control systems, they'd be a lot happier. That means subversion (for the tried & true cvs-like approach), or one of the newer dvcs systems like bazaar, git, darcs, monotone, or mercurial. All of those except git (and possibly monotone; I don't recall the details) run great on Windows and Linux as well as Macs.

CVS is just dreadful, and what I've heard of VSS indicates that most people think it's even worse.