Connect360 for PS3?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by slimp, Apr 26, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm fairly confident that there are no programs out right now that would allow me to sync/stream my itunes library from my mac to my ps3(like connect360), but I was just wondering if anybody was aware of any programs in development that can do this? yes, I know it might be possible by installing linux, but I am more interested in listening to my itunes music on my mac while playing games on my ps3.
  2. macrumors member

Oct 29, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yup, There is

Yes. The PS3 uses UPnP for media sharing. Fortunately, El Gato has a UPnP Server for mac (fifty bucks, sorry its not free). It probably works pretty well. I just got a PS3 yesterday, so I can't tell you how well it works, but theres a 30 day trial, so feel free to check it out. Its called EyeConnect:
  3. macrumors regular

May 22, 2004
    gee it looks like they changed it to "NOT FOR CONSOLE GAMES"

4. macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2007
    Hey moo, I was wondering if you ever got your ps3 to sync with eyeconnect. I tried it out and it works (as far as both devices seeing each other) but I can't get any of my music, pictures, or videos to play on PS3. It keeps saying there is a "connection error" or something. Please let me know. Thanks.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2002
    Anywhere but here
    There is no easy way on a mac to do this that is free. Unfortunately, the best way to set up media streaming to the PS3 is through a pc only software called Tversity. It trancodes all your videos to the PS3 on the fly. (You do need a fairly powerful pc to do the trancoding though). Best of al, Tversity is free and is a snap to setup.
  6. macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2007
    Well, I guess I can get boot camp and xp installed on my mac and try it out. Thanks for your tip.