Connect360 problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by stagecustom, Oct 23, 2006.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

i had this working last night with my 360 through ethernet from my mac. i did exactly as seen here anyway here is whats happening, in the xbox 360 network settings it is as followed:

IP: confirmed
    PC selected: connected
    PC conection: failed
    MY xbox live account works though. so here is what my network status looks like:

Attached Files:

2. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

3. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

so know one knows whats wrong, Live works and it sees my computer under music and pictures then i go to it (mac mini: connect360) roughly is what shows up on the 360, but then it says it can't find anything and to check the connection. ? not worth 20$ right now:mad:

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

Hello MR! i still can't get this software working, im online, so the ethernet cable is good in connect360 it just says no devices discovered, i have all my sharing turned on for music and files etc. WHAT am i doing wrong, this is slowly starting to seem like a waste of money and time. :mad:
    ANYONE know what im doing wrong or is it just NOT working?

5. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Check connect360's website they have a faq and a support section

6. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

hey, i checked their site, no info was helpful. ANYONE know if i can use connect360 while forwarding my internet for live from my mac mini?

7. mkubal macrumors 6502a

From what I gathered you're connecting your Mac directly to the 360 via an ethernet cable. That being the case, here is a snippet from the Connect360 FAQ on the Nullriver site:

8. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

then how come it worked before? when i first set it up.
    so i have to buy a d-link router or w.e now?

9. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Buy a router, this is what they were created for.

If you want to move a load of items you buy a truck, you don't buy a family hatchback.

Buy a router, sooo easy to use and set up.

;)

10. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I really don't know why it worked. They might be trying implement that capability in an upcoming version.

Looks like you might just have to grab a router. They're fairly cheap though.

11. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

okay, i have a d-link router upstairs with my cogeco box. if i buy the exact same one dl 514 will it work? like forwarding internet, cause then i would just plug my mac mini and xbox 360 into it cause the intel minis airport is brutal.

12. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

Your problems probably come from the new dashboard update, it happened last time. So you'll just to wait for an update of connect360.

13. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

maybe your right. i guess so.

14. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

hey, just wondering if anyone is having this problem, or Can someone here successfully use the internet sharing/connect360 via ethernet cable (i know it has worked with the ethernet before)

15. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

If i come across as being a little too forward here then i aplogise in advance, but you really should be using a router and not even bothering with some sort of Internet sharing.

The only, and i do mean only, reason anyone should be using Internet sharing is that router used to be expensive.

Now there the price of a 360 game.

Buy one, they really will make everything easier if you have more than 1 internet access comsumer device.
    And they save on electric bills.

16. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

okay, say i get a normal router, will it see my other d-link router wirelessly? will i be able to forward the internet from it (I would buy one with the 4 ports on it) how would it forward it? right now money is super tight, so im trying to avoid spending anymore money.

17. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

you don't need a crossover cable when you connect your 360 to the mac just a standard cable will suffice and it works fine for me i just tried mine

18. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

yes, but im trying to forward internet at the same time, i think thats the problem, which i still haven't found an answer for. trying to figure out how that could effect it.

19. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I used the article from slightlyremarkable.com to configure my xboxlive via my imac and i have my connect360 working as well

20. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

I can only really comment on what i have knowledge/experience of.

As my router is a standard wired Linksys i've bugger all experience with wireless.

The low tech methods, being a bloody great long ethernet cable and lots of small cable tacks to run it along the skirting board works, although long cables are a bit pricey. eBay maybe?

21. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

ebay is cheape but still high.

You'll spend as much or more on the wires on ebay than a router would cost.

Get a router. They're great.

22. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

hmm its just a regular cable right, cause i used that article and i HAVE live working well, but not the connect 360, does it come up as discovered on your mac? when in the xbox 360 dashboard is it verified? You are living proof that i had this working.