Connecting Ibook to external speakers

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zbeck, Dec 22, 2003.

1. zbeck macrumors newbie

Help, I need to determine which of these two options has better sound quality

1. Connecting Ibook to external speakers using 1/8 mini-plug output to 1/8 mini-plug input on external speakers (Klipsch pro media THX 2.1)

2. Connecting Ibook to external speakers using 1/8 mini-plug output to RCA stereo inputs on external speakers (Klipsch pro media GMXA 2.1)

I'm trying to determine if I should buy the Klipsch THX 2.1 which just has a 1/8 mini plug or the Klipsch 2.1 GMX 2.1, which has 1/8 mini plug and RCA stereo inputs.

Not sure what to do, please help and offer opinion

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Honestly... I don't think it really matterrs...

3. jtown macrumors 6502

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

If you really want sound quality then go with the MAudio Revolution 7.1 USB sound card....:D

5. zbeck thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, will using the 7.1 USB soundcard with 2.1 speakers sound better/worse/equal then connecting the 2.1 speakers to the ibook with 1/8 stereo mini connection?

Please help, thanks

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

You will probably get better sound quality. I think that the only real reason that one would buy a 7.1 channel sound card would be if they were looking to have four or more channels of audio. The built in audio in any computer can be bested easily by a third party sound card, but there aren't many USB sound cards out there, and the one's that exist support more channels so that they will sell to everyone looking for a USB soundcard.