Connecting my XBox to my Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dark Camel, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Dark Camel macrumors newbie

Oct 6, 2004
    I don't know is this has been asked before , but how do i connect my Xbox to my Mac so i can play XBox Live games ? I've been trying for a few hours now and i'm having no sucess.Thanks.
  2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    What exactly do you mean? Do you just need to share your internet from your Mac to your XBox?

What kind of Mac do you have? Do you have wireless and an ethernet port or two ethernet ports?

Basically you will either have to get internet access to your Mac either by wireless or an ethernet port. Then you will need to plug a wire from your other ethernet port (or only ethernet port if you're doing wireless) to your XBox.

In System Preferences under "Sharing" you should be able to share your internet connection. Just share from wireless to Ethernet.

Your firewall will have to have certain ports opened up on it if you have your firewall enabled. You can find these ports on the XBox Live web site I'm certain. Just look at their information on configuring routers.

That should do it.
  3. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I've tried before...unsuccessfully

I tried doing thatbefore I got the wireless adapter for the XBox. The guy above is right about how to set up the Mac computer to share. When I had my computer set up the way he had it mentioned, I still wasn't able to get Xbox live to work. I remember reading somewhere that you have to tell the XBox that it is connected through a another wireless device. I can't remember how to do that (probably in the network settings somewhere) or where I heard this from, I just remember reading and having it make sense. I'll fool around with my Xbox and read the manual's to see if I can find something.
  4. SystemID macrumors newbie

Sep 30, 2004
    I'm not sure if you're already using this but there is a program to link to other xbox's as if on a lan... i forget what it's called but it's similar to xbconnect for the pc, do a google for xbconnect and go to that site then follow to the mac version of it, i get my internet this friday, so i'll be hooking up then and tell you how i'm working it.