Connecting Nokia 6600 to a 17'' PB

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Redbull, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Redbull macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am having trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 via bluetooth to access the internet through my phone (it just disconnects me). Once I've gone through the process of ''setting up the device'' in bluetooth peferences, it asks me for my username, password and GPS digit code (*99* etc). Does anyone know or have any intsructions to enable it to work?. I'm with Orange UK provider if that helps - or do I need to contact them for the information?.

Please excuse my poor standard of Mac knowledge... :(

Thanks very much

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

you need to contact your service provider. It might be along the same lines as how I connect. I have a Moto v710 with verizon service. For me to connect I need username, which is my phone number followed by "@vzw3g.com", then the password is "vzw", then I dial #777. You will also need to be signed up for data transfer though your phone, so if you didn't pay the extra money, then you will always get disconnected.

3. Redbull thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah thanks. I'll get hold of my service provider. By any chance, it is possible to recieve/send your text messenges through your PB?.

Thanks

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I used a modem script from this page to use my '6600 with my PB, but according to this page (which has detailed instructions for using a '6600 via bluetooth as a modem), you can just use the built-in Nokia Infrared modem script.

Anyway, I was doing this for a while, and it worked great, then one day the connection was REALLY slow (on the order of 0.2 kbps or less), and I haven't been able to get it work since. I've tried it on 2 Macs and I still get a really slow connection, so I'm thinking it may be something to do with the phone, but I don't know what. FWIW, I'm using T-Mobile.