Connecting pb to stereo?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by _pb_boi, May 23, 2004.

1. _pb_boi macrumors 6502

Hey people,

I have a bit of a dilemma. All my music is stored on my Powerbook 12in, but the separates and Wharfedales are downstairs in the lounge. How do I connect my Powerbook to the Kenwood R-SE7 amp? I've tried using a few different cables I have lying around, but none work.

Thanks for any help!

andy.

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

3. _pb_boi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much for the reply mate; hopefully, some of the local AV dealers should have a cable like that one :-D Else, I can always order online. Finally have a solution! When I said the ones I've tried don't work, I mean that when I try connecting them from the headphone in on the Powerbook to various places on the back of the amp, I get no sound. This should fix it then!

Thanks again :-D

andy.

4. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

I have a cable similar to that (much less expensive ;) ) that everytime I use it, and have to leave it somewhere overnight, I make sure that the person responsible knows that if anything happens to it, their life shall be in my hands. It is the *only* cable that I'm overly possessive about and would die if I were to ever lose it, along with the RCA->1/4 plugs i have for it. ;)

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Have you tested the headphone jack on the PB with earphones? Where are you patching to on the amp? A tape-in or aux-in should work.

6. _pb_boi thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm patching to the aux-in, with the input on the amp set to aux. The headphones socket is fine on the pb. Ah well - the cable is the way to I guess! :-d

andy.

7. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

A bit off topic . . .

but I wish there were a wireless way to bridge audio output to your home stereo (via airport?) . Or maybe that's what this elusive iBox is about? We haven't heard much about that lately, have we?

-rik

8. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

this is what you want

Attached Files: