Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
I have a local webserver on my macbook. On IOS6 I could just type in the computer name in safari and it would load.

After upgrading to IOS7, it says cant find site. I can access it from other computers in the house.

Anyone know why or how to fix this so it can connect to it?

afin

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
I have a local webserver on my macbook. On IOS6 I could just type in the computer name in safari and it would load.

After upgrading to IOS7, it says cant find site. I can access it from other computers in the house.

Anyone know why or how to fix this so it can connect to it?

Give the local IP address of the computer a try. You can find it in the network preferences. Not a fix, but a work around.

loll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
Give the local IP address of the computer a try. You can find it in the network preferences. Not a fix, but a work around.

Thanks, that got me going in the right direction. I have it working now. It seems IOS7 requires fully qualified domain name. whereas IOS6 didnt.

So for local URLS the .local is required, seems weird to suddenly change that.

afin

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
Thanks, that got me going in the right direction. I have it working now. It seems IOS7 requires fully qualified domain name. whereas IOS6 didnt.

So for local URLS the .local is required, seems weird to suddenly change that.

Interesting, I'm sure they had their reasons. I gave up on zeroconf a long time ago and just started calling all my networked devices by IP to avoid headaches like this. Glad you found an answer. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.