connecting to multiple wireless networks

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dsharits, Dec 25, 2004.

1. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Hi all,

I am experimenting with the AirPort Express base station that I got today, and I have a question. I connect to the internet through a wireless router, and I am now using Airport express in different places around the house. Is there any way that I can connect to the wireless router and the base station at the same time? I would like to be able to use the audio and USB features of Airport Express while using the internet via the wireless router. Any ideas?

Daniel

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

You need to setup AirPort Express to connect to your existing wireless network. You cannot connect to both networks at the same time. In the AirPort Admin Utility, setup the AirPort Express to join your current network. Then it will be available to all machines, wireless or wired, on your home network.

3. dsharits thread starter macrumors 68000

dsharits

I tried setting it up through AirPort Setup Assistant, but it keeps saying that I need to "set the WDS manually in AirPort Admin Utility." What do I do here? I'm trying to set up a network with my Linksys wireless router as the main station, but I want to be able to access the audio and USB (and ethernet if possible) portion of Airport Express from my iBook at the same time that I am online.

Daniel