Connecting To The Internet Using GPRS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by witness, Jun 4, 2005.

1. witness macrumors 6502

I'm tying to get my PowerBook connected to the internet using a GPRS phone via bluetooth.

I have an Orange SPV C500 (made by HTC and branded as a Motorola phone in America) that runs Windows Mobile 2003 SE and I'm running OS X 10.4.

I can get OS X to pair with the phone, but I can't get it to connect to the internet.

I found information here about it, but I still can't get it working with the scripts provided.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this working, or if it is even possible?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Do you have a GPRS data plan with your service provider? If not - if you don't expressly have a data plan for non-mobile-phone use (i.e., one that allows for more than using GPRS to use mobile phone services) - most providers won't let you through.

3. witness thread starter macrumors 6502

I have no problems using GPRS directly on the phone. I can browse the internet, etc... but the screen size is to small for it to be practical, which is why I'm trying to get it working with my PowerBook.

4. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

I have GPRS data service on my phone, and all I could get it to do was work to check my email. It never worked to browse, and now it won't even work to check email anymore.